Arrogant and Nothing Less

Authors Note 2023: Ya'll I wrote this when I was in middle school and had nothing better to do. I'm sorry if some details are off but getting info was different back then lol. I'm in my 20's now so it's been a good many years and I'm too lazy to revamp this story so please excuse any kinks or issues with the fine details about Kurama lol

My life was as normal as it could get. A loving mother and father, a nice three bedroom home, friends, and so on. But with all these luxuries, I felt as though I was missing out on life. I knew very well there was more to life, but I was never given such an opportunity to choose that path. My mother was a lawyer. Her pay was very decent, and she paid a good portion of the bills while my father worked as a carpenter. Amazingly enough, he too made a decent amount of money. We were what you would call financially stable.

One day my mother got a call after work. She immediately informed father and I that she was being laid off of work. Although this was demeaning news, she searched for another job. Sure enough, she did find one, but it meant we would have to move. I had friends, Ko and Lucy, two dear people I could say I loved more than my own family. I wished I would not leave them behind.

"Mother, are you sure you can't be like a bank accountant?" I grumbled as she threw this-and-that into cardboard boxes.

"You know very well I will not choose to stoop as low as being a. . . bank accountant. That's quitter talk. Besides, the new place is looking for experienced lawyers, and I qualified, so there are no ifs, ands, or buts. We are moving whether you like it or not."

Being a teen, I easily became moody. 

"But what about Lucy and Ko!"

"They can always come to visit. You can Skype them as well."

"Not as much." 

I crossed my arms.

"You'll get over it." she said and hummed.

We ended up moving to the neighboring town. Thankfully, it was not as far away as I had thought it would be, but I would be transferring schools. I did not enjoy meeting new people. In my other school I was constantly teased and annoyed by my classmates. The only ones I could stand were my friends Lucy and Ko. Those two were indeed goddesses.

So there I was, standing in front of my new school. Uniformed teens flocked around me, sensing I was fresh meat. It was not like I looked weird or anything. I cursed my mother for making us move during the middle of the school year.

Inside, I made my way to the office. They told me the rules and where things were located. Afterwords, they sent me off to my new classroom. It was still very early, meaning class was not going to start until twenty minutes. There were plenty of girls in there already. I cursed under my breath, realizing that I did not know where I would sit. My eyes scanned the room until a certain girl caught my attention. She sat alone, staring out the window. Perhaps this was my chance to make a new friend. I walked up to her, smiling genuinely.

"Hello, my name is Miya." I introduced myself to the lonely looking girl.

The girl jumped at my voice. It was obvious she was day dreaming.

"Oh, hello! My name is Nanami, it's a pleasure to meet you."

She was so cheerful, pretty, and nice that she reminded me of both Ko and Lucy combined.

"Does anyone sit next to you?"

She glanced at the seat next to her. 

"Well- Tomoe does, but he hardly ever comes to school. You can sit there if you want."