Permanent Stay

I only opened the glass, leaving the screen part still closed.

"You took too long. Your last reply was at eight. It's midnight now."

Kurama had balanced himself on the edge of my windowsill. He was crouching, but being so tall, it was hard for him to bend.

"I forgot to mention that I fell asleep, just please let me in."

I opened the screen window, allowing him to crawl in. He dusted himself off and looked around the room.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Are your parents even alright with all of this?"

I shrugged and answered, "To be well honest- I know they hate the fact that I'm leaving, but since we moved here, our family has been torn apart. I don't need to be surrounded by such negativity. I have had a lot of time to think, so I am very certain this is what I want. It's either Nanami's, or the street. Or, I could live with you."

I gave him a cheeky smile. Kurama smirked in response.

"Sorry, but I have people come by often. I can't have them finding out I have a girlfriend and posting it to the media."

I shrugged, again.

"Didn't hurt to ask."

I walked​ over to the already packed boxes and picked​ one up.

"So, how are we doing this? How many can you even carry?"

There was a total of six boxes that were slightly larger than a milk crate and one luggage for my clothes. Kurama carefully stacked two boxes on each hand, a total of four. I could only carry two, using both my hands. That left only the luggage.

"I guess I could tie it to my waist and drag it along since it has wheels." Kurama snickered at my feeble attempt to do so. "You better shut up before you're the one tied to this rope."

He quickly stopped snickering and proceeded to follow me outside. It was a long walk, and my boxes seemed heavier than when I first picked them up.

"Are you sure you can hold them all the way there?" he asked.

Kurama glanced behind himself, for I had fallen behind.

"Yeah. It will just take me a little bit, but I'll make it."

Kurama slightly smiled as he continued to stare at my attempts. It seemed like an hour, but we finally made it to the shrine. Carrying the boxes all the way up the stairs was a killer, though.

"Finally!" I exhaled in relief. "Should we make our presence known?"

Kurama shook his head.

"I am not in the mood to deal with that fox."

I lightly hit his arm.

"You need to start getting along with him."

"Like hell I would want to in the first place."

I rolled my eyes.

"You're literally a big baby."

"I am not a baby!" he shouted.

I put my fingers up to my lips, shushing him.

"For being the one who doesn't wish to make our presence known, you sure are as loud as the cicadas."

I slid open the door and dragged the boxes in. Kurama helped place them inside as well.

"Who dares to intrude at such a time of night?"

I spun around, and although it was dark, I could see Kurama was held at leaf-point by Tomoe.

"Tomoe, stop. It's me and Kurama."

Tomoe's eyes flickered over to me before letting Kurama go.

"Damn fox-"

"I'm sorry for coming at such a time. I did a lot of thinking and I couldn't wait till morning." I said apologetically.

Tomoe crossed his arms.

"Whatever, just go and put away your things. I will inform Nanami once she has awoken."

I nodded​ and thanked him.

"Come on, Kurama. These boxes can't move themselves."

Kurama glared at Tomoe before helping me move my boxes to the spare room.

"If that's all you need me for, then I guess I'll be heading back. If you get lonely, don't hesitate to call." he said with a wink.

I crossed​ my arms.

"You come over here any time you want anyways." Kurama scratched his head, looking away. I let out a small giggle. "I should be the one saying that to you. If you ever get lonely, don't hesitate to drop by."

Kurama's face could not get any redder. He covered his face with his hands and spun away in embarrassment.

"Is it that obvious that I'm a lonely guy?"

I chuckled as I rubbed his back.

"It's only obvious when you constantly come to this shrine to hang with Nanami and the other two, as much as you despise Tomoe."

Kurama calmed down a little and chuckled along. After helping me set up my room, I hugged him and waved him off. I crashed on my new bed with ease. The next day at school I would not have guessed things would take a turn for the worse.

Four popular girls of our grade confronted me in the hallway. They were not as short as I, so it made the situation all the more demeaning.

"We have noticed you've been very close to Kurama." the stockier one out of them all huffed.

"All us girls have made a pledge to not even touch him unless we all are allowed to." the brown haired girl put her finger an inch away from my face.

I stared at them, questioning what I did that could have made it seem like we were a couple. The more I thought, the more I did not find a good reason.

"Are you talking about the time Kurama picked up my books for me that I happened to drop?"

"He was looking at you differently than he does to any other girl in this school! We won't allow it!"

"Seriously, you're going to attack me because he looked at me? Get a life, you damn seagulls."

I tried to push my way through, but the four held me back. The one with long, curly-black hair grabbed the scruff of my shirt. Her makeup made me accidentally chuckle.

"What the hell are you laughing at?"

I quickly shut my mouth and shrugged.

"Nothing in particular."

Before I knew it, her fist connected with my nose. I let out a loud groan. She let go of my shirt, allowing me to drop to the floor, clutching my nose in pain.

"You better learn your place. Next time we won't be so easy on you."

They walked away, heels clicking against the floor. I secretly flipped them off; it was a thing Lucy did often when she was angry at someone. This was the perfect time I believed to use such a notion. I tried my best to stop the blood from pouring out of my nose, but I failed miserably.