I Am Not Jealous

Kurama had missed another full week of school before he was able to come back. Even then, we kept our relationship a secret from everyone except Nanami, Tomoe, and Mizuki. Nanami would not stop hounding me about Kurama. She had this thought that we did something when we were together, but we simply just kissed. He had not done much, actually anything, after saving my friends and I from the bull yokai. I sat at lunch just staring at Kurama. He went about his day rather normally, as if we being in a relationship wasn't even a thing.

Sadly, I had begun to become more aware of the clothing he wore, especially today. His black, button up shirt that was only buttoned up halfway, with a white undershirt and slim black pants. His many wrist accessories and neck-wear. I didn't have any care about his fashion in the past, but it interested me more and more as the days passed.

That day it had been raining, and I had forgotten my umbrella. No surprise, though, for the gothic prince was there to save the day.

"Let us share an umbrella, it'd be devastating if your pretty face catches a cold from getting wet." he said as he offered his umbrella. I wouldn't say I was more obliged to being closer to him, because I still wasn't, but I forced myself to move close to him. Close enough so our bodies touched. He was tall, and I mean tall. "How short are you?" he asked in a more teasing than questioning voice.

I felt like slapping his stomach.

"5'4." Kurama let out a boisterous laugh. I could feel my face turning red. "It's not funny! You're like a big ape!"

Kurama stopped laughing, his face supporting a shocked look.

"I'm 6'7! That isn't as bad as being short."

I sighed, he was still an arrogant jerk.

"What ever, I'll bite your ankle then if you keep talking. Besides, you're one to talk considering you had 'wittle' baby wings when you were a kid."

Kurama's face heated up in embarrassment.

"That isn't the point! I trained hard to grow them bigger!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Even if you had tiny wings still, I'd love you the same."

Kurama gazed away as we continued to walk to my place. To update on what happened there, I had told my parents that a giant luggage had fallen out of an airplane from the sky and later on the police retrieved the luggage. They completely bought the story, not even questioning it. My father went straight to the hardware store and had begun to patch up the ceiling. I had also made up with my mom, particularly because Kurama had lectured me on how it wasn't right to hold a grudge. For the past week after work, Kurama would periodically show up and hang around. He would even offer to walk me to the Mikage shrine to hang with Nanami and the others. Kurama had been indeed a lonely person. That was why I tried my best to spend as much time as possible with him, as long as I did not become an annoyance.

Then the next week came and I had gotten some news that Nanami's friend Ami was returning. Apparently, she had been doing an over-sea exchange program. That would explain why I had not seen her. She had only done the program for a month, and now she would be returning. Little did I know, the even shorter girl had a crush on Kurama. Nanami even failed to tell me, leaving me to dreadfully find out for myself.

Kurama and I walked down the hallway, a regular thing we did after lunch, to just talk about stuff. That was when we came walking up to Ami. Nanami had introduced me to her earlier, and she seemed like a lovely, nice girl. She was indeed shy, and almost instantly upon looking at Kurama, she began to blush. Her short, dark pink hair, darker than Lucy's long, hot pink hair, was apparently an eye catcher for Kurama.

"Hello little Ami, your hair is looking extra lovely today. Please wear it like that everyday." 

Kurama gave her a cheeky smile. Ami swooned before quickly looking away. I slowly turned to Kurama, who smirked at me.

"Thank you, I will! See you later Miya, bye Kurama."

She waved and then hurried off.

"Are you jealous, Yua?" Kurama purred.

Kurama had given me the nickname Yua because he did not wish to say my name when everyone else always says it. He went off about how it was not special to call me by a name everyone so casually called me by. He specifically picked Yua because it meant "binding love" and it was short enough to be a nickname. I, on the other hand, still just called him Kurama.

"Like hell I would be jealous. So, how do you know her? You seemed to know her well."

Kurama crossed his arms.

"I once saved her from a yokai, but don't worry; she thinks it was just some weird guy. She doesn't actually know yokai are real. Afterwards, I started to be nicer to her- I can blame Nanami on that part."

"Does Nanami know she likes you?"

Kurama nodded. I mentally face-palmed myself. Nanami did not even mention that Ami liked Kurama.

"This might serve as a future problem."

"How so?"

"Well, she is cute, really cute, and you might fall for her."

Kurama sighed as he placed his hands into his pockets.

"She is just another fan girl, I have no need to fall for her. . . You seem to be worried, I can tell you're jealous."

His cocky smirk angered me.

"Shut it before I have Tomoe bake you into a turkey dinner." Kurama quickly slowed his pace so that he was a few feet away from me. He really did not want to be cooked by Tomoe. I slowed down so I was next to him again. "Darling, if anyone were to cook you, it would be me. I wouldn't let a soul lay their fingers on you."

Kurama's petrified face lightened up, and then he smiled.

"Is that supposed to be good or bad?"

"That depends on how much you tick me off." I replied.

We continued about our day normally until school was over. We stood at the gates. It was still raining out, and today I had packed my umbrella. Kurama offered for me to walk under his umbrella, but I refused.

"You should join me, I am cold and need your body heat to warm me." Kurama whined, continually pestering me.

"Stop begging you-" 

I could not come to say much more because I noticed Ami came walking up to us, without an umbrella. She seemed to try and ignore our gaze. I looked at Kurama and noticed he was looking at her.

"Ami." he said before she could pass by.

It was raining hard, so her shirt and skirt were already soaked. Ami looked up to him in surprise. He held out his umbrella.

"It's not right for a girl to be walking in the rain, please take my umbrella."

Ami became flustered.

"Kurama, I can't do that, you'll get wet too!" said Ami.

Then Kurama did something that shocked both me and Ami. He grabbed her sleeve and pulled her under the umbrella with him. She could not say much and neither could I. Kurama then looked up to me.

"Come on, I'll walk you both home." offered Kurama.

I could not completely understand why at the time, but I will admit now that I did not like her being so close to him. I even hated to admit that they looked like they would be good couple.

"Actually, I'll just walk home alone." I said.

Kurama furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why don't you come with us? I can take Ami home and then you."

I shook my head and chuckled nervously.

"It's fine, really. Just worry about getting her home safe. I'll be okay."

I tried to reassure him with a smile. Kurama was not entirely convinced, but he shrugged it off.

"See you later, Yua." 

Kurama waved as they walked away. I waved back before turning and walking the opposite way.