It Should Be the Other Way Around

When I awoke, I was huddled up to something large, and that large something was breathing. I shifted​ a little and realized​ Kurama was back into his human form, but his wings were curled up behind his back. I was in the front of him, cuddling his chest area. I cursed at my predicament for if I moved anymore he would wake up. I guess that didn't matter since his eyes fluttered open. Kurama's eyes trailed down to me. He lay there, staring at me for over a minute, most likely trying to process the situation. His eyes widened as his face turned a scarlet red. He panicked and ended up falling off the tiny futon. I peered down at him.

"You okay?" I asked​ softly as he lay on the ground, groaning.

He quickly shot up, covering his mouth with his hand.

"I-we were laying in the same bed? And you-you were cuddling me!" Kurama stammered.

I was rather confused. If anything- I should have been the flustered one. I would have thought Kurama, out of all people, would have been happy to sleep with a girl. Plus, he did not have a problem sleeping with me on his bed at his place.

"Why are you so flustered? It's not like anything happened."

Kurama cocked his head towards me. 

"I don't remember a thing that happened last night."

He slowed his breathing, trying to calm down.

"Well Tomoe turned you into a rooster, and he was going to fry you with his fire, but I jumped in to save you. After finding out the spell doesn't wear off until sunrise, or so he said, I decided to protect you by holding you next to me. I would of thought you'd leave my side at some point during the night."

Kurama sighed and said, "Oh, yeah. I was rather exhausted after almost having a heart attack."

"You're lucky I saved you." I reminded him.

Kurama looked up to me before averting his gaze.

"Thank you very much." he mumbled.

I smiled and reached down to pet his head.

"Good boy."

"I'm not a dog."

"Right, sorry, pretty bird." I said in a baby voice and then whistled.

Kurama's eye twitched.

"I am not a parrot either!"

I could not help but laugh. Kurama's aggravation disappeared as he watched me laugh. He did not even realize his face was slightly pink. As I stopped laughing, Kurama's wings caught my attention. Even though I had seen them a day before, they were still a really interesting sight. I couldn't believe wings could get so big.

"Your wings are so cool." I mumbled.

I fought the urge to touch them, for I remembered that they are sensitive.

"You like them?" he asked, surprised.

I nodded​ and said, "Duh, I mean, when was the last time a human could see really big bird wings up close! You should keep them out more often."

"Normally they are hidden so people don't find out I'm a yokai, but I guess I could keep them out if you like them so much."

"Great!" Just then my stomach growled. "I'm dying for some food, come on."

Sliding off the bed, I pulled Kurama along. He stumbled behind as I practically dragged him. The others were already awake. Tomoe was preparing breakfast.

"Morning! How did you two sleep?" Nanami asked as she worked on homework.

"Pretty well, actually." I said.

I stretched my limbs.

"Woah, Kurama. Why are your wings still out?" Nanami asked while staring at the wings.

Kurama scoffed and retorted, "Why is it a big deal?"

"Its not that big of a deal, but you never have them out unless you're sleeping or fighting."

Kurama's face went red, again. 

"I just want them out, simple as that."

Nanami shrugged before continuing to do her homework. I let out a chuckle at Kurama's aggravation. Purposely, I patted his wings. Kurama let out a slight yelp, spinning around and almost whacking my face with his wings.

"I told you not to touch!" he shouted angrily.

"Sorry, I forgot." I said sheepishly.

Kurama eyed me before turning around cautiously and walking to the little floor table. I followed and sat down next to him. Kurama watched me out of the corner of his eye. Suddenly, a phone began to ring. Kurama reached into his pocket and answered it.

"Hello? Yes- Right now. . ? Do you even know what time it is. . ? Alright. . . Bye." Kurama sighed and looked off to the side. "That was my manager, I have to go record another single."

He stood up, heading towards the outside.

"Can't you at least stay for breakfast?" I asked and pouted.

"I wouldn't like to eat cooking from a poor fox, anyways. See you all later." He cooed mainly to Mizuki and Nanami, while giving Tomoe a glare.

A dark aura formed around Tomoe, but he kept his mouth shut because last night he got scolded at by Nanami. As for me, Kurama winked before flying off.