A Sweet End

"Yua, I think we are lost." 

Kurama lifted his sunglasses upwards as he stared at a map on a giant board.

"Okay, look- we are here right? And you said the festival is located in this town, so we just walk around until we hear festive music." Kurama did not like that idea. If he had a choice, he would fly around until he could spot the giant ferris wheel. "Well, why don't we ask around?"

Kurama scoffed at that idea.

"People might recognize me if I get too close to them."

I groaned​, "Then let's run around until we find it!" I suggested.

He knew very well there was no other choice. We began to circle around the town, hoping we'd come across the festival grounds at some point. It was getting late, and Kurama began to panic.

"Damn! This is not how I wanted things to go! I'm such a failure. . . I bet that stupid fox wouldn't forget something like this."

I frowned at Kurama belittling himself.

"Kurama, don't say such things about yourself, and stop comparing yourself to Tomoe. You are just as great as him. You don't need to be better for me to love you anymore. I love you for you. Even if we don't find the festival, I'm just glad we got to spend a day all to ourselves."

Kurama calmed down at my words. He stopped walking, and placed a hand over his face.

"I should cherish you more than I do. You always make me feel warm inside."

I smiled​ and hugged him. Although Kurama was a little shocked I would do such a thing in public, he needed a hug. He hugged back, much harder than I was hugging him. As I have said many times before, so many people never realized how lonely this man truly was. Kurama craves attention because of this loneliness. I just feel more than glad that I can fill that emptiness from within him.

"Yua, I-"

Kurama was cut off by me pushing him away.

"Shush! Do you hear that?"

Kurama straightened himself and listened into the distance.

"Yeah music."

"Not just any music, come on!"

I grabbed his hand and forcefully dragged him along. Kurama could not help but be a little annoyed at me. He wondered if I was listening to him at all. As I ran, the closer the music got, and soon I was greeted with the many flashing lights, sounds and smell of the popcorn and hot baked goods.

"Yes! We made it, Kurama!" I cheered with joy. Kurama's annoyance was gone upon looking at my gleeful face. "Let's go on the rides first!" I begged with excitement.

Kurama nodded as my inner child came out.

Lucky for us, Kurama picked a festival that supported many rides and attractions. We bought many tickets, plenty to try out all the rides and extra. First it was the roller coaster. Kurama was very hesitant. Although being a tengu, he did not enjoy such a ride.

"You sure you don't want to try another one?" he suggested in a quiet tone.

I shook my head. "You can't go to the festival and not try the roller coaster!"

Kurama gulped as the giant bar locked us in place. He seemed to be praying to the Gods that he make it out alive. The carts made a hissing sound and creaked as they started to go upwards on the giant hill.

"Okay, this isn't fun anymore, seriously, can I get off?" he pleaded.

I shook my head. 

"Too late!" I shouted.