A Makeover and a Drunken Time

I had called my mother up to tell her I was going to be staying with a friend for a while. Being seventeen, she decided it was alright. She also probably thought I hated her after her last drunk session, but of course I was staying at the shrine for other reasons. With that said, my life with Nanami and her familiars could not have gotten any weirder. She was constantly going out with Tomoe to attend to her Godly duties or to fight off some evil spirit or yokai, leaving me with Mizuki most of the time. Kurama himself even became busy, missing school for up to a whole week at a time, only solemnly stopping by the shrine to pass time or greet us. I started to feel useless. There wasn't much I could do to help around the place.

I decided to spruce up the shrine a little more, so I went out to a flower shop. I scrolled around, picking out red and white rose bushes, a colorful palette of carnations and tulips, dahlias, hydrangeas, irises, salidasters, peonies, lilies and gerberas. I had to make multiple trips to transport them to the shrine. After grueling hours I finally managed to bring back the last of the flowers.

Now with many containers sprawled about on the front lawn of the shrine, I had to think of where to plant them. I worked long and hard, digging holes, watering and covering them with some peat moss. Once done, I looked at my accomplishment and noticed how visibly brighter and more beautiful the shrine looked with a rainbow array of flowers. Surely it would attract more visitors. Mizuki walked out, sake bottle in hand, staring at my work.

"This place looks much more beautiful!" he beamed.

I smiled, looking down at my work.

"I hope it really does. Hopefully Nanami will like it."

Mizuki chuckled, stepping into the shrine.

"I know she will, and I am sure even Tomoe will like it as well."

When I followed him inside, I ended up falling into one of Mizuki childish traps and drank some sake. He was unaware that it was illegal for a seventeen year old to drink, and I did not realize it was sake because Mizuki disguised the taste with strawberry flavoring. So there I was, drunk and giggling away with Mizuki.

"As usual this shrine sucks." said a voice behind the sliding doors.

I cocked my head to the left and glared at the man who opened the doors.

"Kurama." I slurred and hiccuped.

"You're in trouble now, tengu." Said Mizuki as he giggled, taking another swig of sake.

Kurama stared at the both of us, shocked that I was drunk.

"Mizuki, you know she is not allowed to drink!" Kurama scolded.

Mizuki ignored Kurama as I walked up to him.

"How dare you say this place sucks! *hiccup* I planted stuff so it would look better!" 

I clenched my fist and waved them angrily at Kurama.

"Calm down there, the place looks fine." 

He grabbed my fist, holding it gently. I could feel my face heating up. I could not stop googly-eyeing Kurama. Kurama stared into my eyes, but then his face scrunched up.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

I let out a small giggle before poking his nose with my finger.

"You're cute!"

Kurama slightly blushed.

"Come now, you're too drunk to be walking around."

I instantly clung to Kurama.

"I don't wanna leave you." I whined.

Kurama gently tried to pry me off, but as he did so, I dug my nails into his sides.

"Ah! Will you knock that off!" he growled.

I shook my head, "No! You'll leave me."

Kurama mentally groaned.

"Fine, then at least let's sit over there." 

He pointed to the table. We shuffled over and sat down. I greedily kept him close, and even wrapped my arms around his waist. Kurama sighed. He decided to have some sake himself. Now the three of us were drunk, and Kurama's cocky, arrogant attitude didn't help things. We all paused from our bickering after hearing the door slide open.

"We're back- why are you all drunk?!" Nanami shouted.

I let out a giggle and shouted, "It's a party!"

"You're not supposed to get drunk, Miya!"

Nanami began to panic, while Tomoe watched in amusement. Instantly, drunk Kurama averted his attention to Tomoe.

"Stupid fox. I, the great Kurama, love my human more than you do yours!" Kurama bragged, folding his arms. Tomoe raised an eyebrow, while Nanami's mouth dropped. If Tomoe had been drunk, he would of been bragging how he loved Nanami more. Kurama instantly grabbed the scruff of my shirt and pulled me in for a kiss. Although I was drunk, I was still completely in shock. But as quickly as he kissed me, he let go and practically let me drop to the ground. "How about that, fox!"

Tomoe face palmed himself while Nanami was holding back a shriek. Mizuki dreamed about Nanami while I just laid there holding my mouth. The three of us ended up passing out a half hour later. I was the first to wake up, but I was in Kurama's grasp. Kurama slept soundly, his face still a bit flustered. My face almost became a deep shade of red as I remembered Kurama had kissed me. Then I realized my first kiss was practically stolen by a drunk yokai.

"Jerk!" I shouted as I pushed his arm off me.

Kurama's eyes fluttered open as he grumbled in annoyance.

"What the hell is your problem!"

"What is my problem? You're the one who stole my first kiss!"

Kurama's eyes widened, "When did I-"

"You drunken jerk! You can't even remember, can you?"

Kurama sat up and rubbed his neck, "Not really."

I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth.

"I wanted to have my first kiss taken by someone who actually likes me! Not by some drunk show off!"

I stood up and stomped down the hallway. Tears forced their way out as I made my way outside. Nanami was outside looking at the flowers.

"Miya I love what you did to the place- Woah- Hey, what's wrong?!"

I sniffled angrily.

"That damn Kurama, he stole my first kiss. Not only that, but it wasn't even like he liked me- He did it to be a show off!"

Nanami looked at me in pity. 

"Miya, I know it must be a tough thing to deal with, but it's only a kiss. At least now you'll be waiting for a kiss by someone you actually like."

"But I only like Kurama."

She gasped and said, "Eh! You like Kurama?"

I nodded​ slowly.

"But he doesn't even like me back. He even told me directly he doesn't like me."

Tears poured from my eyes as my lips quivered.

"I'm going home, I don't care about being protected."

"Miya please dont-"

"Don't hold her back Nanami, she has to sort this out herself." Tomoe interrupted.

Nanami spun around.

"But Tomoe, this isn't right! Kurama is just going to hurt her more!"

"Don't worry Nanami, I'll take care of things." Tomoe reassured.

I ignored the two and walked home. I was too furious to observe my surroundings.