A Helping Hand

Throughout the week, Kurama had avoided me. I was confused as to if I had said or done something. Even Nanami noticed I was stressed.

"Maybe you hurt his ego." she suggested.

"Ego? I highly doubt that. Well- Now that I think about it- That might have been it."

She rolled her eyes as she chewed on a pocky stick.

"If you want, I can talk with him."

"No, I'll feel better if I ask him myself." I glanced back at Kurama. He was laughing and wooing the female classmates. I wondered if he ever treated any girl with genuine kindness, instead of just flirting with them. Nanami, like me, does not fall for his prince charming act, and yet he treats her so kindly. "Nanami, does Kurama like you?"

Nanami almost choked on her pocky stick.

"That arrogant bird, like me? Oh no." 

She began to tremble. I could sense the dark aura around her.

"It's a possibility isn't it?"

Nanami slowly nodded. 

"But he knows I have a boyfriend."

"You have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, Tomoe."

I scratched my head.

"But he is never here."

Nanami chuckled nervously.

"He really only comes to school to watch over me at times or when he is bored."

I quirked an eyebrow.

"So is he a delinquent?"

"No, but you could say he is more cocky than Kurama! His stubbornness is just so- irritating!" 

She rambled on some more about Tomoe. During Lunch, I slipped a note to Kurama telling him to wait for me after school because I had a question to ask. So- There I was, standing by the school doors- Waiting.

"This better be important." he spoke loudly to make himself known.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

"Huh?" said Kurama, tilting his head.

"All this week you've been ignoring me and sending me glares. I thought when I said we were friends that you would at least greet to me."

Kurama rubbed his neck.

"You said you hated my "prince charming" act. It's almost like it's my instinct to act like that around fans and people in general. It's nothing against you."

"What about the glares?"

"Is my face really that mean looking?"

He cupped his face, dreading over the thought. I guessed Kurama naturally had a bad-boy look to his face.

"I see, so it was a misunderstanding."

"I do hope so."

We stood there in silence before I broke it.

"Do you like Nanami?"

That completely caught him off guard.

"Why would you ask such a thing?!" he coughed out, becoming slightly flustered and aggravated.

"I see how you treat her. I'm not jealous, nor do I really care. I'm just curious."

Kurama calmed down a little, placing his hands in his pockets.