Too Sick to Hide Secrets

Come Wednesday, Kurama was not at school, which shocked me. I asked Nanami why, but she told me he probably had business with his career. Something told me it was not business related that made him not show up today, as he would have mentioned it to me.

"Hey, Miya, do you like Kurama?" Nanami asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

I almost choked on my own saliva.

"There is no way I would like that arrogant man."

She frowned and added, "Kurama isn't that bad of a guy you know."

"I know, but I can never tell what he is thinking. He gives off so many mixed signals."

Nanami clasped her hands together, praying for something. I rolled my eyes, continuing on with doing my work. After school, I decided to head over to Kurama's. I did not even feel like knocking, as I figured he would never hear me since this place was so big. I walked up to his room and barged in.

"Kurama, it's not good to skip scho-" 

My whole body froze; my heart stopped as well, it seemed.

Kurama was on his bed, shirtless, but he also had giant, black, feathered wings protruding from his back. Kurama instantly sat up from where he was resting.

"Shit." he mumbled, eyes widened from shock.

I stood there in shock as well.

"What the hell are you?" I whispered​. Kurama's face grew red, but it was not because he was flustered. I could tell it was from a fever. Although, I was shaking from slight shock, I decided to walk up to him. He panted heavily, sweat beading from his forehead. "You are not human, are you Kurama?"

Kurama laid there, avoiding my eyes.

"Do I scare you? Do you hate me?" he spoke, hardly moving his lips.

"Well I don't hate you, and you're not scary, but this is pretty shocking. Are you like some kind of yokai?"

He nodded slowly. 

"Tengu yokai."

I realized the feather I found the other day was his. I gazed at the large wings sprawled out on the bed.

"I really am not sure what to think right now." I said and chuckled​ nervously. 

Kurama eyed me for a second before looking away again.

"Look, I can't have you running around and telling the whole world what I am, so I might just have to eat out your heart."

I shrieked, and shouted, "Eat my heart!"

I quickly backed away.

"That is only if you blabber your mouth, but if you can keep my secret, then you can keep your heart."

"Okay, okay! I won't say a word, just please don't eat my heart!" I begged.

Kurama smirked and scoffed.

"As if I would eat your useless heart."

My anxiety almost completely went away as I now could feel the anger build up inside of me.

"Stop joking around, you crow goblin!"

"Don't call me a crow goblin! I'm a fallen angel!" he shouted back, now propping himself up.

I rolled my eyes.

"The hell you are."

Kurama glared at me once more before closing his eyes.