Alexander Brothers

Alexander Brothers

"I'll see you later,"Chase called out, taking off on his motorcycle to the west border.

I was the Alpha's daughter, and Chase, the Beta's son, was my childhood friend.

My motorcycle was a metallic red and black one while Chase had a black and green one. I stepped off my bike, taking my helmet off, putting it on my bike as I fixed my black hair into a ponytail.

I loved my pack, and I would do anything for them. The sole purpose of everything I did was for the greater good of the pack.

I was going to be Alpha soon with my mate-If I find him- until my brother Tyler turns eighteen. He's only sixteen, so I would have a couple of years to be Alpha. Only males were allowed to be long term Alphas. My parents wanted Chase to be my mate, but on my sixteenth birthday, when females shifted for the first time and were able to recognize their mate, I didn't recognize him as my mate. I didn't know how it was supposed to work since I had shifted at the age of eight, but nothing seemed ordinary. Chase seemed kind of disappointed, but he wasn't my mate, and there wasn't anything to be done about that. We continued to be only friends despite knowing his feelings towards me because I was waiting for my mate.

I prioritized my pack, future mate, and family in that order.

Chase and I no longer go to school. We graduated early to help with the pack since he was ready to take the mantle beside me.

My pack was the Dark Wolf Pack, the strongest pack besides the Alexander Pack, which is the only pack we shared borders with.

The Alexander Pack is named after their last name. Our pack name is also after our last name, Wolf. My father and past generations of my pack believed in the old ways and pure alpha blood mates, so they liked Alphas to mate or high ranking members like Betas, but they'd like an Alpha male to mate with an Alpha female or visa versa even though they may not be mates.

I know it's harsh, but look at how I came out. I'm a Metallic Gray wolf with red eyes, one of the most powerful wolves with an insanely huge wolf compared to female and male wolves. I want my mate even though he might not be an Alpha or of high rank.

I liked doing border patrol. Guys mainly do border patrol, but since I'm powerful and know how to take care of myself so my father lets me.

I arrived at the border between the Alexander Pack and us. I kept watching for an hour or two, making sure no one crossed into our territory since there had been a recent report about the influx of rogue in the area. I wasn't against rogues because some were thrown out for stupid reasons, but most had ill intentions and were thrown out of their pack for a reason.

'Alpha there's a breach on the right side of the east border, we have him surrounded.'

I ran to where they were, only to see a rogue growling in human form at the warriors. He had a crazed look that only a crazy wolf had. I growled still in human form as their heads all snapped towards me.

"Why are you on my lands?"I asked, looking at his dirty appearance.

"You're hot."He cackled with laughter, showing his yellow teeth.

I walked up to him without hesitation and snapped his neck.

There was no reasoning with someone so crazed. The warriors looked at me in admiration before bowing on one knee, bringing their right hand over their heart. The warriors were mostly young in their mid-twenties, but what they lacked in age they made up for in skill. I nodded my head, going back to the land I had been patrolling.

'Want to go to diner later than watch movies at my house?' Chase mind linked.

'Sure,' I mind linked back, shutting him out after I responded.

I switched into my wolf since I had clothes behind the tree. I look around, feeling better with the hearing advantage from my wolf. I scratched my paws on the dirt underneath, hearing the sounds of the Alexander pack coming. I'm guessing they barely found the rogue scent. I ran the short way to the warriors nodding my head, acknowledging them and waiting for their patrol to arrive.

I heard their paws coming to a halt as they stopped at the end of the territory, their eyes scouting the territory. I came out as I saw the Beta, third, fourth command, and their warriors. They bowed to me, thinking I was the Alpha because I was too big to be a she-wolf, and my aura wasn't that of a normal wolf.

'Tell them to go behind and change' I mind linked the top warrior, Warrior Stein.

"Change," the Alexander group huffed, not moving an inch.

"Please," Warrior Stein teased.

They growled, and I growled right back, barring my teeth warning them because they came to the border, we were already there. They bowed their head immediately and went to change behind the trees.

"Warrior Stein, "I warned. I didn't care to antagonize the Alexander Pack with my packs behavior. We will show them respect unless they give us a reason not to.

I went behind a tree and changed into my shorts and a black tank top. They stood there, the tension in their posture evident before they saw me, their jaws dropped.

"We killed the rogue."

I was met by silence.

"Isn't that's why you're here?"I questioned, waiting for someone to speak.

Someone cleared their throat, "Uhm yeah, the rogue got past our territory."

I walked away, grabbing the dead thing by its hair - as it had turned back into a wolf- and threw it between our territory line.

"Nothing gets past our territory."

The just stared at me. I was getting annoyed real quick."Speak!"

"I'm sorry, I'm Beta Colton this is-"

I quickly interrupted him, "Did you need anything because my pack doesn't tolerate other packs being so close on our territory line."

"No, Alpha?"He said more in a question than anything.

I quickly shifted into my wolf, leaving to my side of the border, not interested in looking back at the men at the border who couldn't even catch a simple rogue. That was one of the first things you learned when you start to patrol the border or even become a Warrior.