Not Every Dream Is Meant To Come True

~Chloe's POV~

My eyes followed his every movement. My paws stealthily moved across the forest floor not making a sound.

I watched as it tried to sneak up on a pack member. I snarled making the wolf turn around just in time to see the rouge attacking as it stepped aside to avoid it. The rouge snarled turning around facing me. I snarled back furious because this rouge was going for the wolf in my pack.

I attacked the rouge, biting its throat crushing it with the force of my bite, tasting metallic blood seep through my muzzle.

I shifted back grabbing shorts and a tank top I had stocked in the woods.

"Shift!"I ordered in Alpha tone.

The girl shifted looking scared as I threw her a shirt and shorts. I turned around waiting until she stopped moving knowing she was done.

"Are you okay?"I asked looking for any signs of anymore rogues or danger hearing sirens, knowing they secured everyone at the pack houses.

"Yeah."She replied shaken up.

"Name, age, and rank?"

"Dakota West. Sixteen. Gamma."She said sniffling.

"What are you doing out here?"I questioned, since most younger wolf's would be close to the pack house for their first shift.

"I went out for a run because-"she put her head down whispering lowly,"my mate rejected me."

I was furious to say the least."What? who's your mate?"

She looked scared, looking at my murderous expression. I just hated rejection. I breathed in and out trying to calm myself."Who is it?"

"Chase Knight."

"Chase rejected you? When?"

"Today, it's my birthday."She said tears threatening to escape her eyes.

"Let's go to the Pack house."I suggested following in the back of her. She wasn't bad looking but her looks seemed the opposite of what he liked. He likes dark haired girls that were curvy and tall. Dakota was blonde, short, and skinny.

We arrived at the pack house, guards bowing before getting on their knee. I nodded my head for them to stand.

"Is everyone safe and at their assigned places?"

"Yes Alpha."Trent, the head warrior said nodding his head.

We walked in the house and my smile was wide when I saw Chase's concerned face. He was worried for his mate after all. My smile got wiped off my face when he came up to me not even acknowledging Dakota.

"Are you alright?"He asked looking concerned.

"Of course I am. I had to help Dakota because a rouge almost attacked her."I said hoping he'd have some kind of emotion concerning her.

"Oh."He said hardly sparing her a glance.

From my peripheral vision, I saw her face fall. I felt bad for the young girl. There must be a reason Chase rejected her? He wouldn't just reject her for no reason.

"Well, I have to go back on border patrol I just brought her back."I lied hoping they'd talk once I was gone, nodding my head dismissing them.

"Meet in the school parking lot?"Dom questioned.

"Okay."I mind linked back.

I walked to the garage hopping on my motorcycle going to the school passing my border line into Alexander territory. Alexander territory and Wolf territory had different schools.