Not Looking For Love - 3 .

I woke up to the sound of the front door slamming . I knew it was my mother and Daniel . I grabbed my phone to look at the time .

-| 6:02 |-

I then got up and went downstairs to find something to cook . Mom never really cooks , only when she has some money or when she's in a good mood which is always rare .

I pulled out all the things I was going to need to start my meal . I usually cook a big dinner for everyone , but tonight it's just for me and Daniel . So I was just going to make hamburgers and fries .

" What were you and Devin doing ? " Danyell asked entering the kitchen .

I rolled my eyes , Danyell's super nosey .

" Why do you care ? " I snapped back .

She laughed . " Ooh no reason , I just hope he doesn't find out your a little rat . "

" Whatever Danyell " I said .

She grabbed a banana . " Ooh he's not interested anyway . "

I sighed and went back to cooking .

After that she walked out the kitchen laughing .

I was so caught up in my thought I didn't hear Daniel enter the room .

" Heey D ! " He said in his cute little voice .

" Hey Buddy , how was school ? "

" Cool , Mrs. Campbell said she liked my self portrait it was outstanding . "

" Great go get cleaned up , we're eating in a minute . " I said motioning for him to leave .

He did as told and I continued cooking . A minute later my phone vibrated . I whipped it out to read the message for a unknown number .

- Text Convo -

(636)-345- 6789 : Hey Dyamon With a Y Not an I & no D on the end . ;P

Me : Devin ? Heey Wassup ?

(636)-345-6789 : Yours Truly . & Not much thinking about you .

Me : Ohh shut up no your not .

( I saved him in my phone )

Devin 😍😘 : Yes I was ! Wyd ? Meet me at the park in about a hour and a half ?

Me : K Bye .

Devin 😍😘 : Bye Future .

- Text Convo Over -

I blushed at the fact he called me his future .

But wait I know what your thinking I'm starting to fall for him but I'm not . Devin's a friend nothing more nothing less .

~

I finished cooking for me and Daniel . We sat , ate and talked about our day .

It was now around 7:13 & I sent Daniel to his room to get ready for bed . He bathed , bushed his teeth and washed his face . He threw on his pajamas and I tucked him in .

" D , story time ? " He pleaded .

" Fine one story . "

" Okaaay ! " he said excitedly while clapping .

I read him the story and he fell asleep . I looked at the clock on the wall .

-| 8:03 |-

I texted Devin to see if he still wanted to go to the park . He said yes and to hurry up .

I ran to my room and threw on some black sweats , a white tank top , a orange sweater and my neon orange Kd's . I put my hair in a messy bun , grab my bag and was headed for the door .

" You go out hoeing around don't come back here ! " My sloppy drunk mother slurred .

She looked a mess her hair was everywhere , her clothes were tore and she smelled terrible . I knew she'd been out hoeing herself .

I chuckled knowing she just wanted to argue .

" What's funny bitch speak your mind ? " she yelled .

" Speak my mind ? Okay ! Grow the fuck up your a mother not a fucking child . I see why dad left I would too . Your trash all you do is drink , smoke , fuck random guys and snort crack up your nose all day . " I snapped .

Rage grew all over her face she sprinted toward me . Before I had time to think she hit me dead in my face . I could taste the blood in my mouth as I laid on the floor . She started kicking and stumping me over and over again . I just laid there and took it . Usually I'd fight back but I just gave in .

~

She finally stop once she noticed all the blood .

" Stupid bitch , you don't know shit about your father ! He wasn't who you thought he was ! " She yelled holding back the tears I saw in her eyes .

I got up off the floor and headed for the door . She went up the steps and before turning the corner she screamed " Bitch don't come back . "

" Fuck you ! " I yelled at her .

I closed the door and walked to the park it wasn't a long walk but it felt like one .

~

When I got to the park Devin was already there with the rest of the clique . Oh great now everyone will know I get beat on .

Danyell's POV

" Fuck You ! " Was the last I heard of Dyamon before she stormed out the house .

I waited awhile then went down the hall to Daniel's room making sure he was still asleep . Of course he was that child sleeps threw anything .

I then creep down the hall to moms room . She was laid across the bed sleep with a bottle of vodka in her hand .

I quietly walked down stairs to unlock the door for Dyamon in case she came back . I always did that for her when she got into it with mom so she wouldn't be locked out .

I know what your thinking why am I helping her when I hate her . Well she is my sister and unlike my mom I did care if she ended up dead or alive .