Not Looking For Love - 16 .

Rocko's POV

" Hello . "

" It's done . "

- Call Ended -

Quan's POV

" Shit Quan . " Von yelled threw the herd of tears he's crying .

I couldn't move , or feel and most of all I couldn't breath .

" V - V - Von . "

He shook his head . " Shhh , be quiet man we got you . "

" Ayee Leak Get The Car . " I heard Devin yell as he knelt beside Dyamon .

Damn , I guess we both in bad shape .

" You Gonna Be Alright Quan . " Ant said looking into my eyes .

I shook my head and chuckled . " Naah , Man this it for me . "

Von shook his head and tightened his grip on my shirt . " No Quan , please man don't do this to me . "

I felt my cold tears sliding down my face .

" Look Von . " I said grabbing his head and turning him face to face with me .

" Von , be strong for me . I need you to show me , show me you can be a man . "

He nodded his head and shed more tears .

" I need you to - to t-tell my mother something for me man . "

" Tell her what man ? " he said gripping my hand .

" Tell he I love her man . Tell her I'm sorry I didn't make her proud . Tell her I tried to man tell her I tried . & Tell the guys I love them"

" No Man , You gonna be able to tell her and them yourself ."

I was feeling dizzy and blood was coming up by the minute .

" Von , Von ? "

" Yeaa Man . "

I love you Von , You Like Family To me and I need you to be a man now aight? "

" Aigght , Quan I'll be a man . "

" Aigght , I trust you and don't tell nobody . " He nodded . " I need you to go to the safe for me . "

He shook his head .

" Look man I need you to go to the safe and take the duffel bag out . "

" What safe , what bag Quan ? Man just hold on ! "

I shook my head . " You'll find all that info at my house just get the duffel and tell - tell Meg I'm sorry alright ? "

He shook his head again . " Naah Quan you can do this . "

I chuckled . " Devon , I aint gonna pull threw this one man not this one . But don't worry about me I need you to be a man . You gonna show me you can be a man right ? "

He nooded . " Yeaa Imma Be a man , "

" Yeaa be a man for me now , be a man . " was the last thing I remember saying before closing me eyes .

" Quan , Quan No Man You Can't Do This Quan . " I could hear Von Yelling .

Von's voice was the last thing I heard as I faded out .

1 , 2 .

Gone .

Devin's POV

" Dev let's go . " I heard Ant yell .

I looked up to see my Leak's truck pulled up and the doors open .

" Ant take Dy to the car . I'll help Von with Quan . "

He nodded his head and lifted Dyamon to the car .

I ran over to Von and a stiff Quan .

" Aight let's go we gotta do this fast . "

" He's gone. " Von spoke just above a whisper .

" What ? "

Von turned his back to me and I looked down at Quan .

His body was stiff and cold .

" No No No , he not we can get him to the hospital Von let's go . "

I felt my body start to shake and tense up .

" He's Gone Devin you see him , he's gone ! " Von yelled gripping tighter on Quan's hand .

I dropped to my knees next to Von .

" No No no , He aint gone . Shit he aint gone . " I screamed beating my fist into the ground .

I laid my head onto Quan's lifeless chest .

" Come on Quan wake up man . "

Von shook his head and sat crisscross apple sauce in front of the Quan's body .

" Ayee Yall We gotta go ! " Yelled Ant from the truck .

" Just fucking go . " I yelled waving my hands dismissing them .

Ant shook his head and closed the door before they pulled off .

" He gone man . " Von said clearing his throat . " Man he gone . "

He repeated , grabbing my shoulder .

I shook my head . " What we gonna do Von ? "

He chuckled . " We gonna , we gonna tell the family and move on ."

I shook my head . " What did he say ? " I said holding the gold chain he was wearing identical to the rest of ours .

" He said he loved yall , he said he loved yall man . " Von said pulling my shoulder for me to stand just like him .

I stood up and wiped my face . " He said he loved yall man . "

I heard the tiny foot steps coming from the porch . I looked up and there was Chanel ?

When did Bridget drop he off ?

" Von look I need you to take care of Quan's body for me , while I handle Chanel . " I said motioning toward Chanel standing on the porch .

He nooded . " Aigght meet you at the hospital . "

I dapped him up and ran into the house to grab Chanel's coat .

Anthony's POV

" Drive faster , Leak drive mother fucker . " I yelled .

This nigga was driving like he wanted Dyamon to die .

Leak stopped the car in the middle of the bridge and pulled his gun out .

He pointed his gun in between my eyes . " Get out the fucking car .

" What the fuck is this ? " I yelled .

" I said get the fuck out the car . "

I opened the door and stepped out the car .

Leak got out and walked to my side of the car .

" Dump her . "

" What ? " I yelled .

" Dump the dumb bitch body in the water , NOW ! " he yelled wedging his gun back in between my eyes .

I chuckled . " So this was what you wanted all along . "

" Yeeep , I want her gone and you gonna dump her . "

" What if I don't ? I said stepping closer to him .

He cocked his gun . " Then your bodies going in right after hers . "

I chuckled . " By all means do what you gotta do . " I said kneeling down before him .

His hand trembled over the trigger .

" Do it . " I dared him .

He chuckled . But I knew he knew better that to shot me .

" Do it . " I screamed grabbing his hand , positioning it and force the gun harder into my skull .

He was shaking like a bitch .

I laughed . " Shoot me Leak , because we both no that's the only way I'm going out . "

Leak hesitated and jerked his gun from my head .

Everything grew silent .

" Naah that's to easy . " He finally spoke .

" Then what ? " I said getting off my knees and stepping to him .

" I'm going to use you . "

I laughed at this nigga . " You really think I would turn on Dev for you ? " I asked genuinely caring about his redundant answer .

" Noo , I don't think you would but hey how's that pretty baby momma of yours ? "

I narrowed my eyes as I looked at him . I could smell a bluff from a mile away and he my friend was not bluffing at all .

He chuckled . " My uptown boys would have a field day with a pretty little thing like her . "

" So what do you want B ?! " I yelled .

" Ooh now Mr.Bigshot wants to talk ? "

I didnt respond letting him continue .

" Okaay , this how this is going to go first we gotta get her out the picture . " He said motioning the gun to Dyamon . " Then matter of fact I want more than her gone I want Dev gone as well . " He said placing the gun under his head like he was thinking .

I chuckled . " You'd really kill your own brother ?"

He shook his head . " Noo Noo Noo see that's where you coming in your the one pulling the trigger my friend you . "

I looked at him with deep concern .

He continued . " Then we get Ramon , Von & Quan on board and boom Malik Satino is on top . " He said waving his hands in the air like a concert producer .

" Soo what's in it for me ? " I asked skipping to the point .

" Well you keep your life for one , and your family and hey I might have a doggy treat for you after I get to the top , huh . " He stated simply .

I laughed again . " What about her ? " I asked motioning toward Dyamon who was now groan from regaining a bit of consciousness .

" Uuh dump her . "

I shook me head . " We can't . The guys on the way to the hospital , they'll know something's fishy if we show up without her .

Leak sucked his teeth . " Fine lets get the little bitch to the hospital. Hop in and keep your fucking mouth shut . "

I nodded and we got back into the car closing the doors behind us .

I looked down at Dyamon who's eyes where slightly open .

" Ant ant . " She whispered out .

" Shh , be quiet we almost there princess we almost there . " I said grabbing her hand .

Leak looked back at me and grinned .

Von's POV

Cold .

Yeep , That's the word to describe me and how I felt right now .

My body felt cold , my tears felt cold and most of all my heart felt cold .

Why I asked my self numerous of times why ?

They said God loved all his children but why was he putting me threw so much .

Threw so many losses .

I cleaned up the front of Dev's place before picking up Quan's body and just finished taking it to the morgue .

Ramon knew a few people and them people consisted of well people who owns a morgue .

I was now in the car with my right hand on the steering wheel drive at 40 miles an hour and a bottle of scotch in my left .

I ran threw every stop light not giving two fucks about having a accident .

I need answers and I need them now .

I drove for about 20 minutes until I reached Quan's place .

I grabbed the spare key from under the mat and shook my head at the memory of us arguing with Quan about keeping a spare key .

- Flashback Moment -

We were all sitting on the couch at Ramon's watching the playoffs when we ran out off beer . Ramon insisted on going to the store but Quan said he had more at his place .

" Okaay give me your keys . " Ant asked with his hand out .

Quan waved him off . " No use the spare it's under the mat . "

" The fuck who keeps a spare key under the mat that's so gay . " Dev said taking his lips for his drink .

We all laughed. " It's not gay it's safe . "

" It's not gay it's safe . " The guys mocked .

" It's gay . "

" It's not . "

We went back and forth for hours and never came to a conclusion .

- Flaskback Over -

I laughed at the old memory and looked up to the sky .

" Quan my man it was so gay . " I said before I unlocked the door and stepped inside .

Now where was the safe . I looked in all the obvious places but knew Quan was to smart for that .

So I looked where I knew it who be the baby room .

( A / N : If you guys don't remember from what I told you earlier but Quan's Meghan's baby daddy . Go Back and read chapter 7 )

I entered the room and looked around .

It looked like a basic baby room but one thing stood out .

Who keeps a damn bookshelf in their baby's room . The damn baby couldn't read and Quan ain't reading no bed time stories .

I moved the bookshelf and revealed a huge cut out squared hole in the wall holding the safe .

I looked at the huge silver hard steel safe .

I pressed the green button on it .

" Enter the password . " It spoke .

I turned my head sideways , Quan didn't mention a password .

Six green little spaces glowed on the screen .

What could be the password .

I paced the floor think for about ten minutes before giving it a try .

~

I failed the safe attempt 9 times and I only had one more try .

What the fuck could be the code .

I tried one Finally thing .

04.09.05

& Without hesitation the silver door popped open .

Before I could even look in the safe , the thought of that being the code brought tears to my eyes .

" 04.09.05 " I said aloud as I chuckled to myself .

I shook my head " Quan you were one of a kind man , one of a kind . "

I pulled the safe door opened wide and grabbed the duffel bag that was beside a letter with my name on it .

I sat in the little rocking chair and read the letter aloud .

" Dear Von ,
First I want to start by saying I'm proud yo ass got that safe open . I know it took yo ass all nine tries .
Anyways I want to let you know if you've made it this far you're truly showing me you genuinely care for me man and I want you to know I love you for that . But long story short I wrote this because I'm in some trouble . I messed up with some uptown niggas and I need you help to protect the gang . Now before you go spazzing and going crazy hear me out . I wrote you this letter because I knew my time was near and I wanted you to know that I trust you enough to ask your help . But I'm not stupid enough to put it in the letter . So if this is really Von reading this be at the dig out on December 17 . 2013 , someone will be waiting for you . But I'm going to cut this letter short in case I'm talking to the Feds . [ 😂 ] But if this Von , I want you to know I love you man and I know I can never replace KP . But for me you were truly the brother I never had .

One Love ,

Daquan Reed . "

I sat and thought as I let it all sink in .

Damn , what was I gonna do ?

I didn't have time to think I was snatched out of my thoughts by my phone .

I got a text for Dev asking ' Where was I at ? ' . I texted him back that I'm on the way and grabbed the duffel bag with Meghan's name on it .

I locked up the house and kept the spare key .

Guess I'll stop by Megs later .

Devin's POV

When we pulled up to the hospital I rushed in .

& Yes , I said we me and Chanel .

Chanel as in my daughter .

Yeep , I have a kid but she's only 2 and a half . ( She hates when people forget the half ! )

Now I bet you wonder why I didn't tell Dyamon ? & How long I been messing with Bridget ?

Well for starters me and Bridget been messing around since we were preteens but it was never serious . Well one thing let to another and being in the moment we didn't use a condom . Then boom she pregnant .

& Of course we got a DNA test and it came back 97.32 % positive . I Never told a soul besides the guys of course , Leak didn't even know . Anyways we all knew I wasn't ready for a child so Bridget agreed to keep it hush for a price of course . And now I guess she's saved up enough and went A - Wall .

" Dyamon Sutten , Please . " I asked the receptionist .

" She's in surgery take a seat over there . " She said pointing to Leak and Ant who I didn't even notice when I walked in .

I walked up to the guys grabbing Leak's attention . " Dev my man . " He said dapping me up .

I looked down at Ant who seem on edge . He was tapping his foot which we both knew he did when something's not right and he's thinking heavy .

" Ayee you good Ant ? " I said grabbing his shoulder .

He shrugged me off . " I'm good . " He said not trying to make eye contact .

" Man you su - " Leak cut me off mid sentence .

" & Who's this cutie ? " he said reaching down and tickling Chanel .

I left his question unanswered and sat down putting Chanel on my lap .

" Talk to the doc yet ? " I asked Ant .

" Nope . " Answered Leak .

Everybody was silent until Ant spoke . " Where Quan & Von ? "

" Von's on his way and . . "

" & what Devin ? " He said more serious .

" Quan Quan uh he he didn't make it . "

Ants eyes felled with tears . " Ooh . "

Ooh , just ooh really ?

Man wassup with this dude , it's like Ant don't even know me no more .

I was slapped out of my thought by Von entering the room .

He ran over after being directed to this area just like I had earlier by the same receptionist .

He sat next to me and grabbed Chanel .

" Ayee Tink . " He said throwing her up in the air .

" Ayee wassup ? " I asked .

He shrugged . " Talked to the doc yet ? "
" Nope . " Leak answered again .

" Well what now ? " He asked with a twisted face .

" Well now . . . . We wait . " I answered simply .

Leak's POV

Waiting , that's what we've been doing for hours . These doctors need to hurry I got a feeling Ant feeling froggy .

" Dyamon Sutten . " A black male doctor asked .

" That's us . " Dev said raising his hand and standing .

The doctor walked over and by the time he reached us we were all standing .

" Well doc what's up ? " Devin asked .

" Well she suffering from internal bleeding , she has a concussion from when she hit the ground , she - " Devin cut him off .

" Look we can sit here and talk intellectual about her all day . But I that's not gonna help me sleep at night so . . . "

The doctor nodded for him to continue .

" So Doc give it to me straight . "

The doctor hesitated and started rubbing his hands in a nervous motion . " Well son I'm sorry to tell you this but I don't think she's going to make it ."

The Devon he had just saw was now weak . Devin looked at him with pure pleading eyes .

" Please doctor , I don't care how much you want what you need please doc dont take her from me . " he asked choked up off tears he was trying to keep inside .

" Son look - "

" You want money ? " Devin yelled .

He reached in his pockets and threw a sloppy stack in the doctors hands .

" Pleas doc please don't take her from me now you got to help she's all I got . "

The doctor nodded his head . " I'm gonna do all I can to save her life son . I'm going to do all I can . "