Chapter 02

AN: I was out of town for Colorado for some nature stuff, and school is starting back up next week. I'm also working on the other stories. Granted, I'm making some headway with this story, it's still going to take awhile for Chapter Three. I just want it to be well thoughtout, so give me time little minions.

==NM==

My name is Morgan Spencer.

My name is also Becky Stark.

You heard this bit, so I'm gonna go on.

I'd been in Marvelverse for three weeks now, learning just about the bare minimum one could learn. Tony didn't care about me, Pepper and I were somewhat close, and JARVIS and I are friends.

Sometimes, when I arrive in these other worlds, I get the memories of the person I had become. Little things, but sometimes I'd get a big one.

Little Becky had been through the ringer, that's for sure. The bits and pieces of memory I had been getting for this night alone. Becky had been to countless nights like this, mostly hidden in the back or at home with nannies. There was the not so rare occasion where she had to sit out here with the big kids but only for the press to confirm she wasn't dead.

Not only that, but Tony had apparently gone full douchebag in terms of childcare. The 96 year old in me was enraged at seeing Becky's treatment, bordering on negligence. Dozens of nannies, missed school plays, parent nights attended by Pepper or a nanny. Becky had a knack for tech as her father, but none went noticed.

She tried for years to be a daughter he'd be proud of. The top of all her classes at high school then college, building robots and designing them, learning multiple languages, and not getting into any magazine worthy drama. She even convinced Pepper to let her read some of the various documents of Stark Industries so Becky would know the basics of her father's business. There are two extremes for trust-fund-kids, and Becky took the other end of the stick.

Then again, the eleven year old who was passed over by her own parents inside me could understand. Nothing she did ever crossed his radar for more than a few days. She gave it her all, trying to be like Tony and make him proud. It never worked. Course, I was only seeing flashbacks and glances of her life. There could be some nice days I'm not seeing.

Who the hell was I kidding? Douchebag Tony was an asshole.

Due to previously explained circumstances, I was at the Award Ceremony for Tony. The man currently gambling in the casinos of Las Vegas.

Pepper said it would be a good idea to come here for Tony. She had managed to get me in a slimming black dress, though we ended up compromising on a pair of gold flats. She had been gentle with makeup: light blush and faint pink lips.

I guess after years of not being noticed or cared for by Tony, Becky became the type that didn't want any attention. Her hair tonight helped with it being let down like a black curtain around her face.

Tony's chair was empty. At this point in the night, anyone could tell he wasn't going to show or forgot the time. I huffed. He could get out of this stupid dinner, but I couldn't?

Obadiah Stane was sitting on my left, something I was trying hard to not freak out over. I knew that in less than a year, he would have plotted to have Tony kidnapped, murdered, and then he would attempt to murder him in his home.

Which I later realized included me too. 36 hours to go...

"Tony Stark. Visionary. Genius. American patriot." The announcer gave exposition to his past. I noticed they didn't put father in that list, but who gives a shit about the brat?