Chapter 20

As I was flying, I put on the rest of my gear. The eye mask activated- showing me all my health stats. They were low, but steadily rising. My healing factor must be recovering from Stane's attack.

"How do you think the Mark One chest piece is going to hold up?" Tony's voice filtered in from the earpiece.

"The suit's at forty eight percent power and falling, sir. That chest piece was never designed for sustained flight." JARVIS reported.

"Keep me posted."

"As for myself, I'm not at optimal performance. The issue is being corrected at a steady upwards pace."

"Becky?! What are you doing!"

"Keeping you posted."

"Okay that is not what I meant!"

"That's what you said." I remarked, about to catch up with him.

"Yeah- to JARVIS! You need to go home!"

"Well I'm not going to sit around while Pepper is in danger!" I yelled back. Then I flew up beside Tony, glaring at him.

Tony didn't turn the helmet, but I knew he was glaring at me. I heard the buzzing of a dial tone. He'd decided to call Pepper instead of arguing, that made sense. I can be really annoying when I want to be.

"Pepper!...I'm fine. We're both fine How are-...I know. Listen, you'd better get out of there...Get out of there right now! It's not safe. Do you understand?"

We were approaching the Stark Factory. I couldn't see Stane's suit so that's a positive.

Everything was great until we heard Pepper scream over the phone.

"Stane!" Tony and I screamed, turning a corner around the factory. He made a beeline to punching Stane's stupid suited face.

Pepper screamed.

I slowed down, stopping just above the giant hole Stane had made by crawling up.

"Pepper, are you okay?" I asked her. She gawked at my suit. "Pepper! Snap out of it!"

"Becky?" Pepper stared at the suit again, looking it over as though my being in the suit and my presence were conflicting to her. "You- oh my-"

My hands grabbed her shoulders, shaking her. "Snap! Out! Of! It! That building- right there. Is there anyone inside?"

"Yes." Pepper answered, some awareness coming back to her. "There's- Agent Phil, and other agents from Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division. Stane just- he attacked them."

I nodded, already moving after she said yes.

"Becky you can't-"

"My name is Night Mistress, I can do whatever I damn well please." Pulling the door open, I ran inside. All the while ignoring Pepper's yells of dismay.

==NM==

I was pulling another SHIELD agent out of wreckage when I ran into Angel Coulson. He was walking away from a collapsing walkway.

"You run out of here until you are free!" I ordered him. The agent struggled to his feet, rushing out. Agent Coulson walked up once the other agent was gone. "Anyone else?"

He gave a small shake of his head. "All dead."

"Condolences. Let's run." Was my suggestion.

As we ran, Coulson made comments.