Chapter 03

AN: It was my birthday on the 15th of August! I'm nineteen now, which makes this my last year as a teenager. I'm also excited, because it was Becky/Morgan's birthday TODAY. Happy Birthday, my creation. So, as a present to her, here is some agony and pain!

==NM==

There was a brief moment when I was passenger side to Tony's crazy driving, that I thought we were going fast enough to travel back in time. It would be the only way Rhodes wouldn't be pissed at us for being late.

Tony had must Pepper and I wait another twenty minutes before leaving his house. Was it really so difficult for him to chose one stupid fucking car?! They all made him look like an arrogant asshole. Pepper was ripping her hair out at the roots, and I was planning on killing Becky's roots.

When we pulled up to the runway, I saw Rhodes standing on the jet waiting for us. He looked angry even from this distance.

Tony slammed on the brakes. I was pulled forward, only barely held back with the seatbelt.

I climbed out of his car, only mildly affected at his driving. Happy pulled up just a few seconds after.

"You're good." Tony complimented. Well, his version of a compliment anyway. He was laughing too. "I thought I lost you back there."

"You did, sir." Happy deadpanned. He popped open his trunk, pulling out our overnight bags and Tony's suit. "I had to cut across Mulholland."

"I got you. I got you." The billionaire acknowledged, before walking towards the plane.

"Sorry Happy." I sighed. I reached for my bag. He waved me off.

"It's alright, Becky." Happy grunted. "I got it."

My messenger bag was over my shoulder. It held a lot more than those suitcases, including some gear I thought would be nice for the cave. The suitcase Happy was holding was as useless as an hole filled sock. I only brought it to keep up appearances.

I ran to the plane, catching up to Tony and Rhodes.

Rhodes stared flatly at Tony. "What's wrong with you?" Rhodes asked.

I paused on the steps, confused by the angry declaration. What? What did I do? Was it the outfit? Damn, Pepper, I told you this outfit was ridiculous!

"What?" Tony asked innocently.

"Three hours." Rhodes stated.

"I got caught doing a piece for Vanity Fair." Tony excused.

"More like doing someone from Vanity Fair." I grumbled, climbing up his stupid steps.

"For three hours." Colonel Rhodes growled.  "For three hours you got me standing here."

Tony walked past the Colonel. "Waiting on you now. Let's go. Come on." Tony hopped into the plane.

I sighed, pulling my bag higher over my shoulder. "I'm so-"

"Wheels up! Rock and roll!" Tony shouted.

"Nah. It's okay." Rhodes replied to me. "I'm not blaming you for your dad being an ass."

The three of us walked onto the plane. There wasn't much else to do.

==NM==

Pepper sent me the files of our newest weapon. I was reading over the designs, and projected financials once the contract goes through. It was all mostly legal mumbo jumbo, do I was putting a Harvard degree to use.

She threw in some newspaper arrival about me accepting the award. Pepper liked showing me that I had value in the company, even if Dad (why do I do this to myself?) didn't see it that way. Well, as much as we argued about it, the dress looked nice on me.

Night Mistressजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें