Chapter 2 : Meeting the Elric brothers

A year and a half passed. Finally, my reeducation was over and I could move my arms as I wanted. I was currently taking a sip of my hot coffee, reading Roy's newspaper, when this one entered in the kitchen, his black hair still messy because he just woke up. I smiled and put my mug down to greet him.

-Morning Roy!

-Morning Karen... he sighed scratching his head, where is my newspaper?

I giggled and handed it to him. He could be late at work or for an important meeting, he would always think about his newspaper first, which had the skill to make me laugh. I even forgot about this detail when I was being suicidal... I decided to prepare his coffee while he would be looking at the different articles of the Central Time. I put the mug filled with the hot and dark liquid in front of him and sat down. He looked up at me.

-Thanks Karen. By the way, I want you to come at work today!

-Why so? I asked tilting my head because I didn't understand.

-Well I want you to meet my men, and my lieutenant Riza Hawkeye! Plus, I think something interesting will happen today!

Ah, Riza Hawkeye. My brother's genius lieutenant. He was always talking about her in every single way, at any time of the day! She was his dead master's daughter and also a military. During Ishval war, when I was still young, he would send me letters about how she was unbeatable with a gun and an amazing sniper... Being able to meet her in real would be, I thought at least, like solving a mystery. Plus, the day I asked him why he didn't marry her because of how much he complimented her, he shook his head quickly and told me exactly those words:

"Of course not! We're just really closed friends! Where would you find such an idea Karen?"

I smiled slightly and nodded at him.

-Okay. I'll come with you today Roy.

-Great! Let's hurry, I think I'm late! he added panicking slightly.

I laughed as he ran in his room and I heard the doors of his wardrobe violently being opened.

-Karen!! Where's my uniform?! he shouted.

I shook my head for myself then stood up to help him.

***

What the hell was I doing, sat almost alone, in an office only populated by my brother? I sent him a short glare and somehow saw the sweat dropping on his forehead. Because of heat or guilt I didn't know, but I wanted to punch him dearly. The door suddenly opened on a middle height and blonde woman. I felt hazel eyes pierce my mental shield until my very deep thoughts and I swallowed hard. This woman... I was sure she was very nice, but not knowing her... My brother smiled a little as she put a pile of paperwork on his desk.

-Thank you lieutenant.

-You're late, colonel. We can't keep doing it for you...

-I know, I know Riza...

I blinked, taken aback. This woman was the famous Riza Hawkeye? Well... She turned herself toward me and raised an eyebrow.

-Who is it colonel?

-She's my sister, Karen!

-I didn't know you had a sister...

Okay, I had to be dreaming! He told me about this woman day and night but Riza never had a word about me! I looked slightly at my brother before smiling at her. After all, why not be nice? She seemed kind herself so I should do some efforts. Riza smiled back at me and we shook our hands.