Chapter 16 : Prelude to a new departure

I sat uncomfortably on the chair, looking at Edward and Alphonse. They were badly hurt.... I didn't even realize how broken the younger brother was; I hoped they could gather all of the pieces... For Edward, well.... His arm literally disappeared and he was bruised everywhere. Scar was strong. Too strong. Alphonse looked at me while his brother was sleeping. I gave him a small smile.

-Once again, I'm glad you're alive.... I muttered not to wake Edward up.

-I'm happy too... We really thought we would die...

-But still, this man... Scar... I'm scared we might fight against him again in the future.

-We might, but for now, we're alive, he shrugged it off.

I nodded and got lost in my thoughts, staring at the white wall. Roy had to leave for urgent matters right after the fight so I couldn't tell him anything. However, he specifically said he wanted details about my trip to Central tonight, and I knew there wasn't any way to escape... I just hoped he would kill me quickly after that, it would hurt less. I surprised myself suddenly thinking about Mister Claude. I was kind of missing him, even if we only met once. Well, he told me we would meet again, there was no reason he didn't keep his promise right? I sighed slightly and put my head in my hands, looking at the clock. Outside, it was night, the lights of East City were weakly shining and it was a new moon, so no natural light. I yawned, my eyelids suddenly feeling heavy, heavy...

-Stop this cat!! someone shouted.

I opened my eyes all at one and stood up. Edward seemed to be disturbed because he groaned in his sleep and immediately started snoring again... Alphonse gave me a strange look.

-I'll go check, I declared going out of the room.

There, I saw doctors and nurses running, a broomstick in the hands, in the corridors. I guessed there was a cat, not too far from here, so I stopped a woman.

-Can I help you? I asked her.

-Sure! Animals are not allowed here, they may cause allergies or bring bacteria!

-Alright, let's stop it quickly then, I smiled before following the group.

I really didn't know how to catch a cat, I could only hope alchemy would be okay against it... Then, I saw it, in the middle of a corridor. It was... It was the cat in the train! Seriously, why is it everywhere near me?! I sighed and crossed my arms, walking toward him.

-Now now, your mistress won't be happy to learn about your little escapade... I lectured him.

It hissed at me, showing me its teeth, before jumping in my arms and resting his head on my right one. I truly needed a cat dictionary... I patted its head and turned around to face the medical team.

-I know it, we've met countless times, I told them, I'll try to bring him back to its owner.

-Great! It seemed to recognize you, fortunately for us! Thank you young miss, an old doctor thanked me.

-You're welcome, i replied heading out of the hospital.

Once there, I looked at the cat. Where was its mistress? I put it down, sighing.

-You must go back to your mistress now... I don't know where she is though...

It gave me a long stare before disappearing in a bush in the park. I could only hope it understood what I said; I didn't want the woman to get worried over this black and stubborn cat... She too was scary, thinking about it... I sighed, sitting on a cold bench and staring at the night sky, before closing my eyes...

I woke up jumping when I felt something on my face. I couldn't see anything... It was... Hands? On my eyes?

-Who is it? a voice smirked behind me.