Chapter 14 : Hurricane

-Get out of here! I don't want any dog of the army in my home!! my teacher yelled at me.

-W-wait, teacher...!

I avoided a hydrogen bomb next to me, followed by an air blade. Everything was going well, Edward told me he was glad I met a weird guy with a stone, I talked happily with my teacher... But then I told her I wanted to be a state alchemist... And she started yelling at me, attacking me, and many other things...

-Why do you hate them so much?? I asked her, hidden behind a couch.

-You don't need to know. Why the hell do you even want to be one of them??

I stayed hidden, in fear she would try to attack me again. Really now...

-Well, I need to obtain more informations, about alchemy and all. I'm helming some friends who look for something... important. For myself too, it can be a good experience...

-A good experience?? Killing people and making war?! And what's this "something" they want anyway?? How does that involve you?!

I sighed. Did I really have to tell her? If I said Edward was a state alchemist, she would yell again. If I even specified they wanted their bodies back because of a failed human transmutation, what would she do to me?? That would be scary and I didn't want to die... Yet. So I preferred playing safe, using some irony. It never hurt right?

-You don't need to know, I mimicked her.

And I knew she understood.

-You stupid student! How dare you??

My teacher sighed and sat on the couch, crossing her arms. I came out of my hiding place and sat in front of her.

-Alright. I'll help you.

***

I knew I'd regret it... During an entire week, I stayed stuck in the library, reading every book my teacher gave me, and learning them by heart... She was rude. It represented almost half of the library!! But it was worth it!

The first part of the exam was very well! Thanks to that hell, I could answer all of the questions at the written test. Few ones meant nothing for my brain, but I tried to cover it up the best I could, I hoped so at least.... Finally, I arrived along the ten first of this part, I could go to the next challenge!
The second test wasn't too hard. It was only a medical checkup, and I knew I passed. I assured them my automails were good quality. They looked at them, anyway, and at this moment, I started to doubt. What if they didn't let me because I was a girl...?! Fortunately, they didn't seem to mind and I could come back home to train for the last exam; practice. I still didn't know what type of exam they would prepare for us, contestants, but it was said it was each year harder.... I spent my evening studying many "artistic" transmutations I could do the next day, like petals tornado or such... I wasn't satisfied. However, my teacher told me to sleep. It was important, I knew it, so that's what I did...

I was ready for my last exam day. I took a deep breath and came out of the mansion, my teacher staring at me. She was confident, but I couldn't help being a little bit anxious. The result will decide on my fate, I wouldn't have a second chance... Oddly enough, the Führer himself received us in front of... A ring? Something was off!

-Welcome, contenders. You are six today, and only one will be chosen as a new state alchemist.

I took a deep breath. What was the test?

-You will fight against each other. And the best one, at the end of the tournament, will belong to the state. Good luck sirs.