Chapter 10 : I watch you

Edward was gone. With that Lieutenant Yoki... He left us there, speechless, as he was going to enjoy his comfortable night with a perverted dog of the army! I didn't believe it!! I thought he was better than this!! The inn keeper turned himself toward Alphonse and I.

-Well for tonight, I guess you'll remove 100.000 cenz?

I looked at the youngest Elric brother who didn't seem to be quite happy.

-You could say so.... he answered mumbling.

He surely didn't understand either what was going on with his brother.... I took a sip of my hot coffee in front of me, wondering. I was sure we would know soon enough....

***

Later this night, we all were woken up by a weird noise. Well, Alphonse wasn't really sleeping... Though I did fall from my bed because of the surprise... I rubbed my aching head and stood up, looking out of the window. There were men, and... they were burning the hotel!! I was speechless. Did Yoki dare order such a thing....? Was Edward aware of that horror?? Without any further question, I grabbed my wallet; the only thing I currently owned, and ran out of the room. Out, I let Alphonse, who was panicked.

-What are we going to do?? he asked me, it's a catastrophe!!

-Let's evacuate for now, lives are more important... I stated frowning.

We both separated and warned everyone we saw in the inn. Of course, the smoke soon started to invade our noses.... I started to cough without being able to stop, and covered my mouth with my hand. The militaries were still here, what if they were violent when we go out?? I couldn't think straight anymore, the smoke was being to powerful.... Fortunately, Alphonse wasn't weakened due to his metallic body. He could easily react quickly and gave us many wet towels. Once my mouth entered in contact with one, I thought this was one of the best reliefs ever... My lungs were painfully burning but it didn't stop me helping people go out. I suddenly had an idea. How stupid was I! I could just turn the oxygen into something else to stop the fire...! I clapped my hands and focused to lower the amount of oxygen. There were many risks; people could suffocate, but they would anyway if nothing was done!

-What are you doing Karen?!?! Alphonse shouted to be heard.

-Trying to stop that fire!! I replied the same way, is everyone out???

-Only one missing!!

-Who???

-Kayal!! Her mom is panicked!!

-Leave it to me Alphonse!! I declared, just go and bring some water!!

-I planned to!!

I stopped my transmutation and called the inn keeper's son. Where was he? Was he hurt? I could only hope he was fine... Without any hesitation, I explored the entire inn, but he wasn't here! There was only one place left... The stairs. I ran toward the staircase and was about to climb up, however, as soon as I stepped on it....

-HYAAAAH!! I screamed as the entire staircase collapsed, making me fall with it.

I found myself stuck under a pile of (hot) wood, with no way of getting out... My left leg was blocked under a heavy beam and I highly suspected it was broken, or at least sprained. I winced in pain as a single movement sent a wave of unbearable pain in my entire body. But I lived worse. The thought of the lost of my arms gave me some hope; if I had to sacrifice my limb I could get a third automail at least.... The fire got closer to me and I could already feel the warmth of the flames.... I heard cries.