Chapter 6 : More than you can imagine

Josh guided me to the church when the show was finished. I asked him to be discreet, as the Elric brothers might be near us, but I didn't precise this reason for it didn't concern him. Fortunately, when we entered, there was no one, but according to the scents, there were people not long ago. It was a girl's perfume. Josh came toward me and made a quick pray to the Leto statue in front of us. I just looked at it, lost in my thoughts, then sat on the many benches, leaning my back on the wooden bar and slightly closing my eyes. Josh came next to me.

-Don't you feel it? The peace of this place?

-All I feel is an uncomfortable silence, I growled in answer.

-Because you don't understand the beauty of faith! It's amazing to pray a god! And Father Cornello makes miracles!

-What did he promise you? I asked him now curious.

-He... He promised me I'd be able to find a good job and have a girlfriend... But to others, he also promises to bring back the dead dears!

My eyes shot opened as I slowly turned my head toward him. Resurrecting people? No, he had to be kidding! It wasn't so simple! Cornello couldn't bring dead people back just... Because of a miracle! This was impossible... This couldn't be! There was a rush of anger, sadness and terrible disappointment in my mind, and I didn't know what to think anymore. Josh seemed worried and lightly shook my shoulder.

-Karen? You okay?

-I... I'm sorry, it's just... That's impossible!

-But he promises us! He-

-I know! Miracles and all! But that's impossible! I shouted standing up.

-How can you know if you never tried?! he said now angrily facing me.

All my anger disappeared just with this sentence and I sat back on the bench, slowly and mindlessly.

-See? You can't say any-

-Shut up will you?! Just shut up.... I ordered him in a whisper.

Not understanding, he closed his mouth anyway and let me think in peace. He thought! Me? Never been trying? But after all, he didn't know me at all. I sighed and raised my eyes toward him. He frowned slightly as I did.

-What's wrong Karen?

-Are you aware that it had been centuries that scientists, and mostly alchemists, try to create human life? And it never succeeded! So it's not one or two prays that will change anything! I snapped.

-You don't believe in anything so don't come and lecture me!

-I know more than what your small brain can even imagine, Josh, I declared curtly before sitting up, now tell me where Cornello is and leave.

He didn't bother to protest and simply pointed the door I could take to meet his deer priest. I thanked him for all he did and left without adding another word. Really now? Was I going to look weak? No, I couldn't afford to let my feelings take control, I had something to discover here, and I couldn't be seen by the Elric brothers... It was rather hard for I was sure they were actually talking to Cornello... But anyway... I took the corridor after the door and explored this part of the church. It was rather... Different than the main hall were the faithful went to pray. More modern... The white walls actually contrasted with the dark nave of the cathedral. But unfortunately, a brother noticed me and... Pointed a gun on me?! Since when did brothers have guns?! I dived on the floor to dodge the bullets and stood up quickly.

-Waaaait!!! I shouted, I'm not an enemy!! I... I just wanted to meet Father Cornello!!

The brother calmed down and put his gun back in his pocket.

-Oh? A faithful?

-No, actually I want him to explain me... Stuffs about Leto.... I lied.

He raised an eyebrow at me.

-He's busy right now.

-Oh well, I'll just leave and... Come back later! I said starting to walk away.

-Hey, that's not this way! he said curtly.

-Ooops.... I smirked running in the corridors.

-Come back here!!

He followed me a long time in the corridors, until I kicked him hardly in the stomach, sending him on a wall.

-Sorry, I can't let you follow me.

With that, I followed the corridor. One door attired me as I hear weird sounds coming from the room. The sounds of a battle. I took a peck of what was happening, as it was lightly opened, and saw the Elric brothers fighting against a chimera. There also was a young girl with brown hair, and an evil Cornello on a balcony above them. I decided, now that I was was there, to make a spectacular entrance. Silently, I clapped my hands together and discreetly summoned air around the chimera. When I was done, I unclasped my two hands and an air whip sliced it in two. It was right after it tried to eat Edward's right arms and left leg... Everyone looked surprised, and mostly Cornello, even if I didn't even want to describe Edward's face! I stayed hidden behind the door a moment, hearing their words and happy the alchemy stuffs Edward told me worked.

-H-how come?! An invisible blade?! Cornello exclaimed, my chimera!! My amazing chimera!!

Edward didn't know what to think. He already saw this technic during our fight, but I didn't know if he really remembered or not... But he shrugged it off!!! How could he ignore me?!

-Maybe your "god" is by our side...? he teased the priest.

I smirked and pushed the door loudly before stepping in the room, arriving their glances on me. Even if he wasn't impressed by my sudden attack, Edward surely didn't expect to see me here! I brushed a little my dress and dropped my suitcase next to me before looking up at them. Finally, I didn't have time to get change before the fight...

-Well! I didn't know a church would be so dirty! I sighed a little looking at the father.

-Wh-who are you?! he barked.

I shrugged slightly and grabbed my pocket watch hidden in my pocket.

-Karen Mustang, unknown alchemist to serve you! I introduced myself proudly.

//yo! Here's the new chapter for now!! Still hope you enjoy the story!! If not tell me!!