Lenta Chorum: Isla

\Lenta Chorum\ [slow dance]

1 YEAR BEFORE
****
It was Prom day. I was in the hair salon with two friends from school, Emily and Delilah, but we call her Del. They were talking about their dates to prom. Delilah had been with her boyfriend, Jacob, for three years already, and he'd already told her he loved her. Emily was asked by a guy in her science class, his name was Iain. She'd had a crush on him for as long as I could remember. I guess it was the same for Iain as well.

"I'm going alone." I stated bravely.

They stared at me for a few minutes before getting all up in my grill about it.

"What?! You're going alone?" Del exclaimed very loudly.

Now people were staring at us, and I was trying to calm down the two other girls.

"Shut up, you idiot!" I whispered playfully. "I'm not gonna be the only one!"

"And who's Charlie taking to Prom exactly?" Emily asked.

"Genevieve Moore." I said in an annoyed tone.

"You mean, lead cheerleader, and head-bitch-in-charge, Genevieve Moore?!" Delilah questioned.

"That's the one." I said. "Let's focus back on the Prom itself though."

The hairdresser finally seated me in a chair and began to play with my hair. At first she put it into a nice bun, but then decided that it wouldn't look good with my "face". Then she put it into a high (and I mean high) ponytail, and decided it was too much. She settled on plain curled hair, and it looked great. We all headed over to the nails section of the salon next. I decided on a silvery metallic colour to go along with my shoes. Del picked a royal blue to match her dress, and Emily picked a soft pink to contrast agains her emerald gown.

The makeup artist at the next station became probably my favourite person on the planet, (aside from Charlie of course). He called himself Captain Gay, and insisted we call him that as well. He told us his opinion on what our makeup should be like. I showed him a picture of my dress and shoes and he said that I had to wear a bold shade of red lipstick to allow my face to stand out along with the dress. He gave me a nude smokey eye and did a little contouring.

The most painful part of the entire trip had to be the waxing. We got a leg, underarm, upper lip, arm, and even a bikini wax. We were ready to go to prom.

Except for the fact that we were basically half naked standing in robes, still looking gorgeous, in the salon.

We drove home in Del's old red Honda, and got there in 7 minutes flat. We slipped into our dresses, and our heels, and headed down the stairs to where Emily and Del's dates were waiting. We hopped into the limo, and drove off towards the hotel venue.