(Part Two) Vide Te Mox: Charlie

\Vide Te Mox\ [see you soon]

I arrived at the airport around 9:30. I had two coffees sitting on a table beside me, and a small gift for Isla in my hands. I took a sip of my coffee, and stared at the departures board. Flight number 62 was Isla's. Chicago, Illinois to Boston, Massachusetts. In my peripheral vision, I noticed a woman walking towards with her new leather briefcase, gifted to her by her aunt in Milan. She carefully ran towards me, and let go of her luggage handle, and gave me a tight squeeze. I hugged her back instantly and she started laughing.

"Thanks for coming, Charlie." She said sincerely.

"You know I'd do anything for you." I stated at her with a grin on my face.

"Flight 62, now prepared to board first class." The woman on the intercom announced.

"That's me." She looked up at me with a tear rolling down her cheek.

She slithered her way out of my arms, and began to walk away from me, and towards Gate 62. I was searching for something, anything that would make her stay. And then out came the word vomit.

"Wait Isla!" I yelled.

She turned around and looked at me. Along with about 100 other people. I walked towards her this time, stood in front of her and said...

"I love you."

She came closer towards me and gave me one last hugged that took a little longer than the last.

"Charlie, I have to go." Was all she had to say in response.

And with that, she walked towards the gate, as my heart shattered into a million pieces.