Diu: Isla

\Diu\ [long time]

God, I couldn't actually believe how long it'd been since I'd actually come home! I believe the last time had been Christmas 4 years ago. My family seems to understand though. They know how busy I am with work and all, but the truth is, I didn't want to come back again because of one person. Charlie. After our painful goodbye 7 years ago, we never really spoke again. I missed him so much.

I yawned and got out of my seat on the airplane, banging my head on the overhead compartment at the same time.

"Shit!" I yelled, turning heads my way. I silently apologized, grabbed my purse, and made my way out of the plane, blushing profusely. I speed walked through the tunnel connecting the plane to the Chicago airport waiting room. I sighed as I made my way out, grabbing my phone from mummy purse, and checking all of my missed calls. Only one from my associate. Just as I was putting my phone back into my purse, I heard a shriek.

"Oh my GODDD! You made it!" The voice yelled.

I looked up, and my face broke into a smile as I saw Del and a very pregnant Emily (trying to) run towards me.

"Holy crap! Look at your belly!" I yelled happily at Emily, putting my hands on it.

"I know! I feel like frickin Elephant!" She laughed, and Del and I joined along before one big group hug.

"Jesus Christ, I missed you guys!" I said as I started to cry.

"Hey, hey. No tears for you! I'm supposed to be the emotional one!" Emily chastised humorously.

"Well we all know that's the truth!" Del retorted. "I seriously can't wait for the reunion! You should see Genevieve and- OW!" She was interrupted by Emily elbowing her.

"Del..." Emily gave Del the eyeball.

"Oh, ya, well... Onto something new then!" She clapped her hands, and we headed towards the exit of the airport.

We headed towards Del's black Jeep, hopped in, and began the drive to Greenville. They asked me a bunch of generic questions that any normal person would ask. Like "how're you doing?" Or "how's work?", etc. When we arrived at Del's place, we all jumped out of the car, and ran (Emily waddled,) through the front door.

"I can actually not wait! This is going to be our first slumber party since senior year! Not including college that is." Del said, squealing.

We all slipped on our PJ's, ordered lots of Pizza and rented a movie for our slumber party.

This was gong to be great.