Madido: Isla

\Madido\ [Soaked/Dripping]

I ran through the revolving doors positioned at the front of the old historic building into the street. The rain began pouring at this time. The tears and rain were mixing together, salty and wet, masking my sadness. I was standing in the middle of the empty street, screaming for a taxi. I knew this was going to be a bad idea from the beginning, but I was afraid that I wouldn't have ever seen him again if I didn't go. Finally, I saw headlights amongst the droplets of rain that were clouding my vision. I began waving frantically. The car just kept going, not paying attention to my waving arms. I threw up my arms up into the air, and then I placed them on my face, crying hysterically into them. Why am I always so emotional? While I'm wallowing into my freezing shaking hands, a taxi finally slows down. I only notice it's there when it begins honking. I tell the driver to take me back to the four seasons hotel.

For the longest time, I'd thought I'd gotten over him, but apparently not. Now he's moved on, and I'm the one that's all alone. The taxi drive is quiet and simple. I spent the whole drive staring out the window at the dark silhouettes of the trees. Thinking about what he'd said. "You can't what? Isla, you were my best friend! You left. I was alone. I know Em and Del told you about Genevieve. I had to move on. You didn't call, text mail, and I didn't even know your address! Was I just supposed to wait?" I didn't expect him not to move on, I just... I just-

Didn't want him to.

When I got back to my room, I pulled on a black v-neck shirt, and a pair of patterned pyjama shorts. I dragged myself to the couch in the lounge area and cuddled up on it with a pillow and a cup of tea. There was a knock at my door all of a sudden, and I went to go answer it. The person from the front desk was standing outside my door holding onto an envelope. I opened it to find an invitation.

"You are invited to the wedding of Genevieve B. Moore and her fiancée, Charles W. Rhodes on December 24th, 2016"

It's in two days, just like he said. I guess he's really doing it.