Donec: Charlie

\Donec\ [Homecoming]

The invitation arrived Thursday night. Hand delivered by none other than Penelope Barns, the captain of our old cheerleading squad, the Greendale Falcons. Living in Greendale, Illinois was incredibly, how should I put this, familiar. Everybody knows everybody. The only time I left was to go to med school out in Minnesota. I came back and became the Doctor of the town, and tended to everybody's needs. Medically speaking. I never did stop missing Isla though. Yes is moved on and found somebody else, but she was always on my mind. Whenever Breakfast at Tiffany's came up, she was the one I thought of. The theme song of friends, Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, etcetera.

When I received that invitation, the only person on my mind was Isla
Beaumont. She was coming home. She had to.

"Dr. Rhodes!" My assistant Alexia yelled to me from down the hall. "Mrs. Caulder is here to see you!"

"Be right there Alexia!" I yelled back as I threw the envelop onto my desk, and jogged to the front desk.

"Ah, Mrs. Calder! How've you been?" I asked politely.

"I've been brilliant, except for my hip, it's beginning to pop again." She replied.

"Let's have a look, shall we?"
I began her check-up. "I received an invitation recently for the reunion. It's a four day retreat out here for the class of '07. Have you heard anything from your son, Jonny, about attending?"

"Oh yes, he and his wife, Amanda will be attending. She's expecting a child, my first grand baby, you know!?" She said with bright eyes.

"Oh my! Well, send my congratulations their way, if I don't see them before the reunion, and... We're all finished here." I said after checking her knee reactions with a medical, soft-headed hammer.

I drove home in 4 minutes flat, and walked in through the front door. I was greeted by a shrieking noise finding its way down the stairs.

"Charlie, darling, aren't you just super excited for the reunion?! Our wedding falls right in the middle! They're all invited!" She exclaimed while jumping into my already full arms-

Oh shit. The wedding

Isla

The wedding

Isla

The wedding.

Oh I'm screwed.