(Part One) Vide Te Mox: Isla

\Vide Te Mox\ [see you soon]

Del and Emily were in my room, sorting through all my things alongside me. We had already packed at least two big boxes of clothes and had loaded them into the UPS truck, and still had a whole roomful of stuff to go through. One side of the room was for stuff I didn't need/the free-for-all pile for the girls. While they were all trying on my clothes, and having a fashion show taking photos on the Polaroid, I was packing up my textbooks, normal books and pictures, when I came across a photo of Charlie and I when we were around 7 years old. We both had huge gaps in our front teeth, and were holding two little teeth in our hands. I found myself tracing the outline of Charlie and I.

"Ummm... Isla, are you okay?" Emily asked, staring at me from behind her gorgeous Prada glasses.

"Oh, ya, I'm fine!" I said while blushing a deep shade of Crimson.

"No. You like him!" Del dropped the box she was carrying and rushed over to my side.

I felt tears again, just like Prom, and it was for the exact same reason. I was leaving for Harvard tomorrow. It was already too late for me to tell him. I figured I'd just let it go. I'll come back in four years, and I'll be with someone new!

"You have to tell him!" Emily exclaimed from across the room.

"It's too late." I shrugged. "Plus it's not like I'm madly in love with him!" (WRONG)

"Suit yourself!" They both said at the same time, followed by a "jinx" and something about owing a soda?

Once all the boxes and bags were packed into the UPS truck, we headed back inside to quickly pack a suitcase so I have clothes and other things to get by with before the other stuff arrives. We threw on PJ's and the three of us hopped onto the pullout couch. We watched Breakfast At Tiffany's (MY FAVOURITE!), Dirty Dancing, Sabrina, and we all drifted off during When In Rome. Before falling asleep, I couldn't help but think about the agreement that Charlie and I made. He was going to meet me at the airport and say goodbye to me then, so we wouldn't breakdown. I drifted off to thoughts about Breakfast At Tiffany's, Audrey Hepburn, and of course, Charlie Rhodes. The first and most important love of my life.