Ostium: Charlie

\ostium\ [entrance/entering]

The limo I bought for the prom was plain white. I held a corsage from the flower shop at the end of my street in my hands. Genevieve told me her dress was bright pink, so I got her a purple and pink corsage to match. The one thing I didn't count on was her wearing a blinding pink dress.

I really wanted to go as singles with Isla, but of course, Genevieve had to ruin it by asking me to prom. Being the "gentleman" I am, I said yes, and there I was.

Genevieve hopped into the car and I handed her corsage. She thanked me and handed me the ugliest, pink boutonnière I had ever seen in my life. I thanked her for God knows what reason and then told the driver to drive away asap. I thanked the heavens that the car ride only held a small amount of, well, small talk.

The driver stopped after we rounded the driveway entrance of the four seasons hotel in Chicago. I got out on my side, and then raced to the other side of the car to let Genevieve out. She looped her arm through mine as we walked into the reception area. I tried to pull away, but her hand and especially her claw like painted talons were glued on to my arm. She separated from me as soon as her clique was in sight. I walked over to where my friend, Adam, was standing.

"Hey, dude, I thought you and Isla were going together as singles?" He questioned as soon as I walked towards the punch bowl he was standing beside.

"Genevieve dragged me into going with her." I said with annoyance in my voice.

"That sucks dude. I've gotta go, my dates back from the clique." He said as Melissa Hayes walked towards us.

The room was packed, and I couldn't find Genevieve anywhere. Thank GOD! I was walking through the crowd when the music went silent.

"Sorry guys!" The DJ announce over the mic. "Just some technical difficulties. Continue chatting though!"

Everyone just picked up there conversation, and I spotted Isla's friend Del across the ballroom. I briskly walked over to her and her date.

"Hey, Del, you wouldn't happen to know where Isla is, would you? I heard you all shared a limo." I asked.

"She just forgot her purse she'll be back in a second though." She replied.

"Thanks I app-" is started, but was cut of by the loud creaking of doors. Everyone went silent, and the only noise you could hear were the clicking of heels on tile, and the little gasps escaping people's mouths. I walked over to where all the commotion was, and looked up at the grand staircase.

It was Isla. In the most beautiful floor length red mermaid gown with a plunging neckline. She stared shyly down at herself as she walked down. She looked up and I caught her gaze. She smiles with a twinkle in her eye. I've never seen her look this magical before!

"Hi Charlie." I heard a whisper beside me.

"Isla. You look - you look stunning!" I explained twirling her around.

"Thanks Charlie." She blushed a brilliant red to match her dress and lipstick.

"Where's Genevieve?" She asked

"I haven't a damn clue." I said with laughter in my voice.

All of a sudden, the music began playing again. All Of Me by John Legend was playing, and with a spark of confidence, I held my hand out with intentions of asking her to dance, but before I could ask, she took my hand and lead me towards the dance floor.

We danced and giggled about other peoples outfits all night long, until Genevieve showed up again and shoved Isla aside for the last dance. I looked at Genevieve as we danced, and saw Isla in my peripheral vision, slowly walking outside to the garden that is connected to the side of the four seasons. I told Genevieve I was sorry, and left her standing in the middle of the dance floor as I ran after Isla.