2. The One With The offer

2 - The One With The Offer

PERCY'S POV:

Gwen

I just hate that name. Why? Because she's the reason I am wondering in this forest in the middle of nowhere, away from the one place I used to call home. Camp Half-Blood. My home since I was 12, my home where I found my Wise girl, my home where I found a father, my home where I...well you get the idea. That place was everything to me and now I am worth nothing over there.

So I left.

Yes you can call me a coward, but then I would suggest you find out who lead an army of 40 campers against thousands of monsters and Kronos, or who led new Rome to victory against Poryphyrion, or who in The Prophecy of the Seven, or who went on an involuntary unplanned trip to Tartarus, the literal hell, for the sake of a backstabbing girlfriend, or who...well I hate boasting but yeah these are my adventures, my life. And yet I am thrown away like a used Soda Can as if I am yesterday's trash. So I left, It's not like anyone's gonna miss me if anything I'm pretty sure they are partying and screaming 'good riddance'.

You must be wondering how I could just leave that place that was so close to me. How could I run away from my other friends, friends like Thalia and Grover who did no wrong to me? Truth is, I don't know what to feel anymore. I'm shattered. I remember Athena's words "There's a reason it's called a fatal flaw demigod." And I had played it down. I told her I was proud of my deeds. I still am, don't get me wrong. But when you think you did everything right then one fine day a tornado comes smashing your life away, you tend to wonder what different you could have done to not deserve this. I can never forget them. I can never stay mad at them. I know that I will soon forgive all of them, even Annabeth and Chiron. Because that's who I am. But I can't get back there. I did everything I ever did for them. Now they ask me to do one more thing. To leave. So that there can be peace between camps. Peace between brothers and sisters, friends and rivals. How can I say no to that? That's what family is all about. They may have kicked me out, but they'll always be my family. And I'm never going back to them so that they can be happy.

I was just walking teary-eyed with these depressing thoughts when I felt a very powerful presence in front of me, so powerful it was almost like the whole Olympian Council present. But no, This was just one man, and with the amount of power, he radiated I could tell he could toss Zeus like a football and not break a sweat. Great. Another primordial deity. Hopefully not another war though, 'cause as far as the camp is concerned I am done fighting for them. I may eventually forgive them, but that'll take some time. And until then, I'm still mad at them. Not mad actually... More like disappointed. As if Gaea wasn't enough. But the aura around this being wasn't evil, it felt somehow very calm and peaceful, comforting even. I noticed that the tree nymphs of the forest were bowing down to him, and Grover had told me once that the wild bow to none except Lord Pan and the almighty creator of all Lord Chaos. And it was then that I understood who he was.

"HELLO PERSEUS ACHILLES JACKSON" The being bellowed, and so strong and powerful was his voice that the trees began to tremble and shake, and I had the urge to run behind a boulder and hide. "Lord Chaos" I respectfully said and bowed down to him.

"Yes Perseus Jackson, I am Chaos, creator of everything and ruler of all galaxies. Rise child, I have come here especially to meet you. Bowing is just a formality and I hate formalities. I can sense the respect you have for me and that is enough for me."

"An honour to be in your presence Milord, but I don't understand, why would you come here to meet me? Do you also want to say how worthless I am like my friends said? Then don't bother, I already realize that"

"No young hero, I have not come here to add to your misery, in fact, I am very sorry to see a hero of your grade in such a miserable condition. I have come here to give you a new opportunity, a new life, something a hero of your calibre surely deserves. I have an offer for you. A job opportunity, you could say. I promise you will love it, it includes partial immortality like the hunters of Artemis and an army of powerful soldiers that helps different planets in need of war assistance. I am bound by laws to not divulge the details but should you accept this responsibility all your questions will be answered, I promise. You will be coming to my planet and staying there forever. It is a full-time job with a constant risk to life, but I know death has never been your fear".

I thought about it for a while. My home had turned it's back on me. But I couldn't just leave them. This way I would live longer and ensure that they were all fine if I was allowed to. I could do some good to the universe. Here, with no place to go, I'd just end up outside my mom's apartment, broken and depressed. And turn her life miserable. She is a very good woman and doesn't deserve that. I'm sure Annabeth and the rest will be there for her. Sally had always been close to Annabeth and Thalia. With these thoughts racing through my mind, I made my decision.

"It would be my honour Lord Chaos, as it is I have nothing left," I said. And thus began my new life.

(A/N: Please review, constructive criticism is much appreciated.)