15. The One Where The Kid 'Grows'

(Recap: 

"Haha hell yeah that's right. And I chose to reveal myself right now 'cause you have no choice but to retreat or let the poor kid die, so these campers have already lost the war. They stand no chance against my master or his mighty army." He said, confident he'd won the war. And he may just have hit my sore spot. I did publicly announce I could do anything for Andrew. I meant it. Literally. Anything.)

"So Commander." He said mockingly.

"What will it be? Let your son die or let these stupid campers die?" He snorted while saying son. 

"I'll tell you, but before that can you tell me whether revealing yourself was your choice or end's orders?"

"I don't speak directly to Master End. My Lord Kronos told me to give you this message Stormbringer. But why does it matter anyway. You either stay out of the war or see your kid's dead body, what do you want?"

"That's what I thought. Kronos is still as foolish as ever. But you? You'll kill a 7 year old in the name of war? That's what this camp has taught you?"

"This camp has taught me that the Gods never support us! This camp has taught me that nobody cares about us! We have a threat only from monsters. Now I befriended them, so I can live my life peacefully! And if I serve my master right, he'll even let me be his new host!"

"You are a fool. Giving up your body and free will to a maniac. Return my son back and I'll tell the Gods to forgive you for what you've done. I'll get you a chance at redemption, take it before it's too late. "

"Shut up! You have no idea what it feels like to be a demigod! I heard what kind of lives you live at your planet. So peaceful, so relaxed. You'll never understand what it's like to live in constant fear, to live as if no one cares about you." 

Oh who would know better than me. I was the most hunted down demigod in the history of demigods. But saying that would give away too much of my identity. And besides, I saw what I was waiting for, a black haired small figure crouching behind a bush, ready to pounce on James. 

"Well James, you made your choice. I knew I couldn't convince you, but I had to try. And now that you declare you're an enemy agent, I'm afraid I'll have to arrest you and take you to our prison on Celestio. 

He paled a bit "Wh.. What? You don't want the kid back? I meant it, you know - they'll kill him!" 

"If only they could. " said a voice from behind the bushes. And suddenly a blur of raven black hair and a shining temporal white sword pounced on James, making him fall on the floor with the sword pointing at his neck pinning him down. James' eyes widened "You! How! That's impossible! How did you escape!" 

"Nice job Andrew." I told the figure, who was indeed Andrew. 

"Thanks daddy. Now lets arrest this criminal shall we?"

Soon my army had their weapons pointed at James and he was cuffed and taken by a few men to our prison at Celestio, where justice awaited him. 

Meanwhile the campers could only see with widened eyes what had transpired. A 7 year old just took out a 16 year old camper who had been training since the past 6 years at camp. And made it look so easy. 

"Are you alright child?" Chiron asked, his fatherly instincts kicking in.

"Of course I am centaur, but thanks for asking." came the reply from Andrew. And the campers stared at him in awe and confusion. Because he had just said that in a girl's voice. An adult girl's voice. 

"Okay now enough messing around with them! Reveal yourself!" 

"Oh but I was having so much fun! " Andrew pouted. And then there was a bright flash. Brighter than what the Olympians caused when they revealed their true form, but unlike that light this one was harmless to the mortal eye. You could watch it with open eyes, and not burst or be blinded on the spot. And when the light died down, in Andrew's place there was a brunette girl with onyx eyes and a well set expression, her face determined and her posture straight with her head held high. She had regal clothes on and emanated a higher amount of power than the big three combined. Every camper drew their weapons and pointed them at this mysterious being, but I interrupted