9. The One Where Stuff Begins To Happen

9 - The One Where Stuff Begins to Happen

PERCY'S POV

"I have let the Gods know about your arrival and your... err... certain feeling about certain demigods. You leave in an hour, and just like you said my army's two GIs with their battalions will be accompanying you. The Council's Army will arrive later during the month whenever you call them, along with one more GI since you needed three." Lord Chaos told me.

"Thank you. Lord Chaos, sir. I know I don't have the right to request this, but I would like Skylar to accompany me if that's alright with you. She is a friendly face between hostiles and a supportive friend. I might need someone like her there to help me with-"

"-with your feelings. I understand. But Percy, Skylar is a member of the Council, I'm already sending you, so I need her here to help me out for now. But I promise she'll be there along with the Council's Army."

"Thank you very much, sir! Now with your permission, I'll leave for my mission."

"Good luck Percy, may the fates smile upon you"

I bowed formally to him and climbed aboard the ship that was to take me and the army to my ex-home. Now you'll ask why Lord Chaos didn't simply let us teleport there, but the army's strength is in thousands. It's very exhausting and time consuming for Lord Chaos to create such a huge portal. He has many other jobs, so we just climb aboard and travel galaxies. Another reason actually is our ship looks like one hell of a modern era killing machine. When you are going to land in an area of gods and powerful demigods as their aide you have to look a bit intimidating. It is made completely out of hellfire (yes, I made the parts, as practice, during basic training) and designed and engineered by the best of our blacksmiths. It has a huge hull and a massive main hall. There are various posters of different wars this ship has been through that decorate the walls. It is a huge war machine designed for heavy sieges and large-scale attacks.

You can imagine the size, it can travel in air, water, fire ( we activate the shield and the ship becomes fireproof) and has a capacity of 12000 members. There are more than 4000 rooms, and whether you will stay alone or with many is based on your rank. Commander and Sergeant get a room to themselves, the GI's share a room amongst two, while the low ranks like the cabin crew and new recruits who are on probation period have to stay up to a hundred in a room. Of course, the rooms are quite massive, so they don't complain.

Exactly 3 hours and 23 minutes later we had arrived in the earth's atmosphere. Looking out the window I saw the empire state building. Huh? I thought the Gods were informed?

"Sarge. Why the heck do I see Mt. Olympus out of the window instead of the camp?"

"Sir, we are to report to the Olympian Council where you are to attend their summer solstice meeting in order to be updated with the developments of the war. "

" Ohh.? Okay, I guess. I wasn't aware of that. So where will you all be if only I am to attend the meeting? "

"Waiting down for you, sir"

"I want you to come with me Elmont. And take Greg with us as well. You two are much higher in power and position than most of the Olympians on the Council anyway. "

"As you say, sir"

We left the ship airborne and got down using ropes. As we entered the building I verified all my soldiers, GI's and I were wearing their carbon plated face masks or not. They were an integral part of our uniform since they had the logo of Lord Chaos over it. I, of course, was wearing it for other obvious reasons. I approached the guard on duty, who was so engrossed in whatever book he was reading that he didn't observe an army of 2,825 soldiers cramped for space in his tiny lobby. It was night time... otherwise I can't even imagine what the mortals would have seen because of the mist.