12. The One With The Traitor's Challenge

Ch. 12

PERCY'S POV:

The dream ended and I woke up in a jiffy. Today I would see how good my... allies... were in a fight. And today I would 'train' my ex-best friends as well. I heard a knock on my door.

"Good morning sir, it's time for breakfast. And I've conveyed your last night's message to Elmont sir, and in his words, he says its a...yeah...its a " damn blaster of an idea, why couldn't I think of it."

"Greg. Ya, I'll be out in 2 for breakfast, just unpacking a few things that remained yesterday. And you go tell Elmont to prepare for the march."

"Sure thing sir. "

I finished unpacking and... oh wait, for those of you who're thinking we got off the ship carrying a load if bags, pfft, please. You think I'd do all those things to look intimidating and then remain busy juggling bags? I told the guys to leave their bags at a certain spot, and Sky just teleported them here. They appeared in everyone's respective rooms a few minutes after we had settled.

So, as I was saying, I finished unpacking and left the room, entering the giant main hall where I could see everyone in perfect attention.

"Exactly what I wanted Elmont. And since we've done this before, I think we all know what to do, correct?

"SIR, YES, SIR! " came the loud approval of my 3000 soldiers in perfect synchronisation.

"So let's do this. Elmont, your turn to initiate phase one, it was Greg the last time."

"Yes!" He squealed like a little girl.

Exactly 12 seconds after he left the room, my whole army started banging their Shields in synchronisation, the sound reverberating through the walls of the tents. I was pretty sure the entire camp, as well as the wild spirits of the forest, could hear it. In another 10 seconds, the banging stopped and immediately we heard the booming voice of Elmont.

"Soldiers! March!" and the whole Army, in full battle armour wearing weapons almost from head to toe marched out, their footsteps sending vibrations under our feet. Gregory was leading them. I stayed back for the next phase. After everyone marched out of the tent, which took roughly 3 minutes, phase 2 began.

Gregory and Elmont spoke in a perfectly synchronized, commanding voice, "All hail Commander Stormbringer, Commander of the army of peace, right hand to Lord Chaos, member of the Primordial Council, slayer of every monster known, rider of the dangerous Cyprian Tallert, the fear of evil beings, friend of the good, lover of the wild."

My cue to get out of the tent. I calmly walked out. The army was standing right outside the tent, on either side of the tent in equal numbers forming two lines, the lines facing each other.

Everyone, including Gregor and Elmont, were bowing down to me. I raised my hand, palm facing forward, in a 'stop' gesture. As soon as I did that, everyone rose. As soon as I took my first step forward the banging of shields started, continuing till I reached the last soldier. As soon as I reached the end of the line, the banging stopped, and in one voice, we all, including me said together "Hail Lord Chaos, Hail the Primordial Council." Then I clapped my hands, and the lines broke and everyone went their separate groups towards the breakfast area. Meanwhile, the onlookers had their mouths hanging wide open.

"Sir, we have a message from Chiron"

A soldier from my army approached me.

"What's it, Andrew? "

"The hunters and Amazons have already arrived. They came together while you were getting ready for breakfast." I didn't know what to react, sure I had a good friendship with Thalia and Hylla, and I didn't hold them accountable for what happened to me. Either of them. Both were grieving over their sisters' death. Their entire army barring those two had been killed by the giant Orion.