5. The One With The New Companion

5 - The One With The New Companion

Recap:

The creature was huge, like seriously humongous at around 20 feet height and reptilian scales with a tail of at least 7 feet. It raised its head high and breathed out Fire. Great. Just what I needed. A 20-foot tall gigantic fire-breathing reptile with scaly skin and huge talon-like claws, and oh yeah add impenetrable skin to that list. I was so engrossed in the magnificence of this creature that I forgot we meant to kill each other. I could not brace myself for what came next since I hadn't even anticipated such a move...

Ch. 5

When the creature raised its head I expected it to strike me down in one blow, but what it did, left my mouth agape. It bowed down to me, and gently nudged me with its head, and also licked my hands. I could not comprehend what was happening to me. Here I was, with a mission to kill the most dangerous monster in the universe, and that creature, known particularly for merciless slaughtering and gruesome deaths was licking my hands! Stunned, I jumped a step back. "Holy Chaos. How...you just...transformed...you-"

"Fear not Perseus Jackson. I am not going to attack you. Just like you said, we do not need to fight."

"You can talk! And fear not?! You just turned into a 20-foot enormous dragon and I should not be worried?" I asked incredulously. I seriously didn't understand what the Hades was going on.

"Why? You were the one who said that to me not even five minutes ago and now you don't believe yourself?"

"Yeah, but five minutes ago you were a cute little baby Tallert, not an enormous beast!" I exclaimed.

"That is because you lifted my curse and freed my soul. You see, millennia ago, when there was only one planet and one Primordial- Chaos' and End's father Void, I was created during that time by Void to be his constant ride and companion. We were very close friends, but soon after Chaos and End were created, and void started considering them what he called children. I was jealous of those creations and one day out of frustration attacked End. He was obviously powerful enough to defend himself. When Void found out about that, he was so upset with me that he cursed me to become what you spoke to earlier. But realizing my emotions and his own mistake of sidelining me, he forgave me and quickly apologized.

The curse could not be taken back, but he said that there would soon be a pure-hearted noble child of a younger god that would make me feel wanted again, who would understand me and care for me forever, and then I would be revealed to him in my true form and become his companion forever. You are that child, Perseus. You made me feel wanted, gave me a purpose. I will forever be grateful to you for that. That is why I bowed down to you. Henceforth, you are my master and my only friend."

He finished his speech.

"Oh..." I took a few moments to let that sink in.

"I don't want to be your master. Friend sounds cool, but what do I call you?"

"Thank you, friendship sounds...uhh...cool to me as well, and you can call me whatever you desire since we didn't have names when I was born...there were only 4 of us then, and Chaos and End were named only a few centuries later."

"Okay, I'll call you 'Filos', meaning friend or companion in Greek," I said.

"That would be an honour Perseus." He smiled at me, but I frowned.

"It's just Percy, Filos."

"As you wish, Percy. Now I think we should leave and get back to Celestio. Come, ride on my back, and tell me about the world. I could only learn so much about this universe from reading the minds of my victims." He smiled sheepishly.

"It's alright Filos, I'll fill you in. Let's go." And so I climbed on my new friend's back, heading to the outskirts of Celestio, where the Council would meet me. At first, I didn't understand why outskirts, I could simply portal my way here, but now I understand.

A few hours later we reached the decided meeting spot, where I saw every Council member with big smiles on their faces.

"Finally, after millennia, we have found our Champion. Welcome back, Perseus. You have made us proud today." Lord Chaos praised me but also confusing me.

"Champion..? I thought I was to be a commander of some army?"

"Yes Percy, but for that you need power, and you can't just get it from a prophecy. You will officially be made the Council's Champion, the commander of the Council's army of elite assassins, and also commander of dad's army After that you will automatically have the power to wield hellfire, but for that kind of power you will receive our blessings first so you are strong enough to be in control of your power." Skylar said.

"Oh...so what do I have to do for that? Is there, like a procedure or something I need to follow?" I asked.

"Just be at my palace where the ceremony takes place tomorrow morning at 8, that's it. Your new companion should be able to lead you there." Lord Aether said.

"Okay sir I'll be there, thank you," I replied. I formally bowed down to everyone and everyone flashed back to their palaces after saying goodbye to each other. Only Skylar stayed back. I bid farewell to Filos who said he wanted to roam around and have a look at the modern day world.

"Hello Princess, how are you this morning?" I teased. But much to my dismay, she smirked.

"I'm fine Lord Perseus, thank you for asking". She said.

"Huh? Lord? I say, princess, because you are one, what's such a title got to do with me? Technically, your dad relieved me of my duties so I'm not even a lieutenant."

"Percy, right now I was only joking, but after tomorrow you will practically be the second most powerful being in the universe alongside me! It's time you get used to it. I know you don't like attention, but look at me, neither do I. Still, in front of people I act according to the position. We have to do this because we know we will be taken for granted if we don't act. Welcome to the acting party, Perce."

"Teach me. I'll try". I said dejectedly. I knew she was right.

"Sure, c'mon let's go I'll give you a few pointers." And so we walked and discussed everything, and while she was excited at my promotion ceremony, I was pretty nervous.

(A/ N: PLEASE REVIEW, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS APPRECIATED.)