26. The One With The Betrayal

(Recap:"Oh. You look awfully depressed. Also, where's my daughter?" He said seriously once he saw our faces.

I looked him in the eye and said
"Your daughter has been captured by an old friend. He has sided with our enemies."

"Wha..Who.... How.....!! " He stuttered, stunned into silence.

"Our Ex-Commander Omega has turned. I'm sorry." I said.)

It took Lord Chaos only about 20 seconds to comprehend what I'd said.

"How did this happen? How could she possibly just be taken in front of all of you!"

"I'm sorry sir, it was my fault. I sent her a letter through the Lord of the wild to personally check our weakest defense lines. She must've realized that the northern side was the weakest. The Pegasii alerted us when the first attack happened and it was the northern boundaries. There was monster dust everywhere, and I could sense her. Omega must've caught her by surprise." I said looking down in shame.

"Find her and bring her back. I don't care what you have to do. Understand? I want my daughter back at any damn cost and that's an order!" He said a bit sentimental and angry and swiped his hand through the mist and the message disappeared.

All of us just sat there for an hour trying to come up with anything that could, if not get Skylar back, at least buy us some time.

"It's been an hour. We only have two more hours. Why aren't we out searching for her?" Leo asked.

"There's no point. If Omega has taken her the only way we can find her is if he wants us to find her, which is clearly not the case." Elmont said.

"He's that good? I'm starting to get more scared from him then end now if you guys talk about him that way." Piper said.

"He was our Commander. For much longer than Percy was. Omega taught Percy. What do you expect. He's good." Fritz said.

"So what we just sit here waiting for him to call? And then what?" Annabeth said. This entire time Chiron was awfully quiet.

"Chiron, you're unusually quiet, what are you thinking?"

He cleared his throat and said "Percy. I don't know what to say. Is he really as good as you say he is?"

"I'm afraid so."

He inhaled, exhaled, inhaled, exhaled.

"Chiron just say what you want, You're freaking us out."

He inhaled once more and began "Percy. It's true that this camp was once your home. But we shunned you, and you found a new home, new love, new lease on life. It would be wrong of us to ask that you fight for us again, especially after what we did. And I've seen the way you look at Skylar. If Gods forbid something were to happen to her we never would be able to forgive ourselves."

"What are you saying then Chiron?" I asked, mainly just to verify what I'd understood.

"Take Omega's offer. Save Skylar. Leave us."

There was so much silence you could practically hear the heartbeat of the person seated next to you.

"I.. Chiron.. You... I can't.. No.. I.. That's... No. I can't abandon you. I'm not leaving. We'll find a way to get Skylat back and win the war."