10. The One With The Showoff

10 - The One With The Showoff

PERCY'S POV:

The campers, nymphs, and satyrs were all staring at the army and me in fear and awe. The immortal campers posed ready to draw weapons if needed, but you could read in their eyes their desperate hope that we are allies rather than enemies. Hmm. Apparently they do not trust the word of the Olympians. I decided to ease off their worries.

"Demigods and creatures of the wild, we are not your enemies. My Lord Chaos and the Primordial Council feel that you are incapable of defeating an enemy that has vowed to raze earth stone by stone, so they sent help. What you see right here is exactly that, and in due time, as war comes closer, a few more will arrive."

"Commander. It's very reassuring to have you here, to know that the Creator and the Primordial Council care about us. I am Chiron, the director of this camp, and I welcome you" He politely bowed. Chiron hadn't changed one single bit. Seeing him as well as everyone else was making me very nostalgic, my feelings were getting out of hand.

"No bowing, please. No formalities required. We prefer respect to devotion, which everyone should get. Ours was a very long journey, so now if you don't mind we'll like to rest for a while. We'll meet during dinner time and campfire, and there I'll answer the questions I can sense brewing inside you."

"Of course Commander, but I am so sorry, there has been a misunderstanding between us and Lord Chaos. When we enquired about how many people we had to build a place to stay in, he said you just needed a small amount of space. So we cleaned a few meters of space and decided to build you a cabin the way you liked when we met face to face. We hadn't expected a small amount to be in thousands." He said a bit nervously. Hmm... hoping we wouldn't feel offended and run away I presume. To their surprise, I smiled at them ( I had changed into a different mask in the ship so they could now see my face and eyes.)

"There was no misunderstanding Director Chiron, and if there was any, it was on your part in deciphering the true meaning behind his statement. "

"What other meaning can such a simple statement have?" Asked Zeus incredulously.

"Perhaps that spaces don't define numbers?" I said

Noting their confused expressions I added a bit smugly "We should proceed towards that space you have reserved for us. Allow me to demonstrate it live for you there".

I instructed the army to stay put outside the camp while I set up the tent. I followed the big three and Chiron, the Olympians and immortal counselors right behind me along with the whole camp trailing behind.

The place they showed me was perfect.

"You've chosen a spot of great strategic importance director, I'm impressed. The area is more than sufficient. Thank you."

"Actually the Athena cabin and especially the head counselor, Annabeth Chase were pivotal in deciding this spot."

Of course, she was.

"Oh yeah. I've heard a lot about miss Chase the famous daughter of Athena. She always thinks she's doing what's best for everyone doesn't she?" I said a bit pointedly. Pretty much everyone seemed equally shocked and upset by this statement. They must've remembered exactly what was in my mind - she kicked me out saying it was best for everyone.

"Anyways thank you, daughter of Athena, you have indeed chosen an excellent spot, adjacent to Zeus' fist and at a visible distance plus at a height from camp entrance. "

It was true. From here I could keep watch and warn the camp in case of a sudden attack immediately. So if an enemy chose this path to attack, the element of surprise was certainly not a luxury they would get.