13. The One With The One Sided Fight

Ch. 13

PERCY'S POV

"Percy! Wake up fast! It's an emergency!"

"What's got your panties in a twist at such a time El?" I muttered sleepily. What? It was 2:30 in the morning, who replies politely at such an hour?

"It's about Filos! He's seriously wounded and is calling for you!"

I awoke with a start. It took me a few seconds to comprehend what Elmont was screaming outside my door, but once the words sunk in I didn't wait a minute before putting my mask and uniform on, and in about a minute and a half, I was facing a nervous, very worried looking Elmont.

"The wounds are deep Percy, it's clear he tried to defend himself very bravely, but the arrow with which he was hit was poisonous, fatal enough to kill him. "

"What! What are you saying Elmont! Do you mean.. are you saying..?" I couldn't even complete the statement mentally, let alone speak it out loud.

"Holy Chaos Percy, of course not! Weren't you listening when I woke you? He's alive Perce but in critical condition. Let's go fast. He'll want you the most at such times."

I quickly held Elmont's hand and teleported us to the sickbay. "Where is he! Why can't I see him anywhere!" I screamed.

"Holy Hemera Percy, calm down! You think we would have a 20-foot tallert in our sickbay meant for beings not even half the size?"

Elmont shouted back frustratingly before continuing, "Follow me. He's being cared for and treated in one of the pegasi stables."

Elmont led me to the stables. As I got closer, I could hear a soft groaning noise. I rushed to where the voice was coming from.

What I saw left my mouth agape and eyes wide open. Filos was being treated by almost all the healers: old and young, experienced and inexperienced likewise, and yet all this treatment seemed to be having absolutely no effect on his wounds. His whole body was covered in scars, but what was most agonizing for me to watch was his chest. There was a baseball-sized see-through hole in his chest, from where a green-colored liquid of some sort - probably the poison from that arrow, was spewing out. That was the main injury the healers were all after. I immediately grabbed Filos' paws and held them tightly.

"You'll get better, big guy, don't worry. I'll be here until you need me."

"I know you will Percy, I know you will. But you know this is a serious injury. So look, just in case-"

"Don't. Don't you dare complete that sentence, Filos. Nothing's gonna happen to you." 

To my surprise, Filos started chuckling.

"What? The wound is affecting your brain? "

"It's you who should get your brain checked Perce. Do you really think I would even think of something as demoralizing as death? What I was about to say was that just in case I am unable to heal before the war, there's something you should know and take care of immediately."

I narrowed my eyes, not liking the sound of this. This big creature was so unafraid in life and confident of his strength, he was hardly ever serious. "What is it?" I asked. 

"I've come to know that there's a traitor at Camp Half-Blood."

"What! Who? And how do you know about this, Filos? Has that got anything to do with your injury? I swear I'll kill that bas-wait, how in the world-"

"Calm down Percy. Don't ask so many questions. I...ah this green thing is painful...so as I was saying...I was just passing by a planet when a few old friends of mine told me about this. We're not sure about the name, but as far as they know it's a child of the Olympian God Hermes. As to how I am in such a predicament, you have our old friend Thesor to thank for that." He ended bitterly.