1. The One With The Hero's Misery

1 - The One With the Hero's Misery

ON EARTH BEFORE PERCY LEFT,

PERCY'S POV

The war had finally ended and all of us had made through alive, even Leo had come back, and that too with Calypso. We expected the Gods to blast him because technically, he broke Calypso out of the prison the Gods had ordered her to be in. However, surprisingly they have taken no action against or in support of Leo's deeds. We are hoping they realized that Calypso was not an evil titan like her father Atlas and she is freed from her punishment, but you never know with the Olympians.

Everything was going smoothly; things were normal, or at least as normal as can be for a demigod. Monster attacks were reduced to one fourth; the Gods had resumed contact with us though nothing was heard of Apollo. Jason and Piper decided to settle at Camp Half-Blood, but Jason's promise of continuing what I started - equality and recognition to all Gods made him hardly free... he would travel a lot between camps. The Roman Senate had elected him the Pontifex Maximus. Frank and Hazel were going good, but of course, Frank was very busy rebuilding Rome with his fellow Praetor Reyna.

Leo decided to stay at Half-Blood and Calypso was welcomed in the camp with open arms... of course, there were few who would insult her or blame her due to her parentage but they would soon find themselves with clothes ablaze courtesy her boyfriend. I and Annabeth decided to settle in New Rome for a few years to get some peace and were moving there in two weeks. I recently talked to dad and when he congratulated me and said he was proud of me, I may or may not have blushed a bit. I was thankful to the fates for such a relaxed life. I could use all this post two back to back wars, but unfortunately, the fates had something else planned for me.

An IM appeared in front of me and there was Reyna, in her purple praetor's toga and Cape looking all regal and commanding. "Reyna! hi!" but my cheery tone vanished when I saw her expression. "What happened Reyna? Why are you looking so worried?"

"Percy, we have a problem here. I don't know how to say this any other way, but you can't come here. I'm sorry"

"What?! but why? I thought you started trusting the Greeks! I thought we were friends! What happened so suddenly? '

"It's... complicated."

"Tell me, I'm sure I can keep up" my tone was a bit hurt, this was certainly not what I'd been expecting.

"It's for your own good Percy. The problem is Gwen, a child of Venus. She recently found camp but she's quite old... 14 years. She may have survived since she isn't that powerful. But her parentage is not her problem, her mortal mother's family is. She claims Octavian was her cousin. Unfortunately, she blames you for his death. While the senior campers who have seen you in action and know your nature don't believe her, the others have started believing it. A few of them have even branded you a murderer. I tried to convince many of them but I fear only some are convinced, and I don't know for how long they will support you."

"I hate this girl Percy, because I know she is lying, Argentum and Aurum are always ready to rip her apart, but Frank believes her so I cannot order her death. In fact, Frank is so convinced by this girl he had a huge fight with Hazel about you. Frank broke up with Hazel for her! But right now people here are angry with you and speak of breaking alliances with the Greeks unless you are not punished for your 'supposed' crime. So right now don't come here, Percy. I'm sorry it has come to this, but I hope you understand."

I was so shocked it took Reyna a full two minutes and two extra drachmas to get me back.

"It's okay Reyna. I understand it is not your fault. At least you tried. It's Frank and the Romans I'm disappointed in. Tell Hazel I am sorry and that she doesn't need to pick up fights for my sake. Anyways, thanks for the heads up, I will talk to Annabeth and we will let Chiron know we are staying here, I am sure he will be delighted. By the way, do I tell him of the situation at Camp Jupiter or will you tell him personally? And are you visiting camp with all the Romans day after tomorrow as we planned to capture the flag? "

"Thank you for understanding Percy. Yes. We are visiting just like we planned. And tomorrow is also our senate meeting on what are we going to do about your case. As to the call, I'd like to personally call Chiron and explain things to him. Now I have to go. Take care and don't be disheartened Percy, I'm sure things will be alright. Bye. "

"Thanks, Reyna. Bye. "And with that, she swiped her hand and the mist disappeared. When I sought Annabeth and told her everything, she wanted to wring this Gwen girl's neck; and I thought, I have my wise girl with me, nothing can go wrong. But boy, was I wrong.

The day came when the Romans had planned their visit. They came in an army formation and were visibly angry, glaring at me. Everyone except me, Annabeth and Chiron were confused. So Reyna told Chiron the situation there.

The Romans stayed for a week... a week that was pure hell for me. Gwen would steal stuff from campers and blame me for all of it, she destroyed the forest and blamed me for it so the nymphs blamed were pissed off at me, she destroyed the garden, stole the prank materials from the Hermes cabin and so on. Eventually, instead of Greeks and Romans, the two groups left were Percy and anti-Percy. The ones with me were Annabeth, Chiron, Jason, Piper, Hazel and surprisingly Clarisse. But in a few days, all I had left was Annabeth. Chiron preferred to stay out of the mess, and the Gods had once again ceased all contact with the demigods.

I headed to the beach to meet Annabeth.

However, when I reached there I saw Chiron and Annabeth. I had a bad feeling about this.

"Chiron. Is something wrong? "

"Perseus" I flinched when he used my full name, but he continued "The alliance with the Romans is being threatened because of a few misunderstandings. But they are no more tolerant of these misunderstandings. The Romans believe that you are indeed the culprit and should be punished. While we could not stop that from happening, we convinced them that you have done enough for Olympus to not be executed like a murderer. We came to the conclusion of your banishment from camps. Severe action will be taken if you enter either of the camps again. I'm sorry, but this is all I could do for you, child. You must leave camp by tomorrow. "

These words were like a sword run through my heart. I was gob-smacked in the face. "Chiron... you want me to... leave... forever?"

"No. However, it's for the best. Even Annabeth agrees" and with that, he walked away, but I could see him dabbing a few tears at his eyes.

"Wise girl... You as well want me to... leave?"

"It's for the best Percy. We cannot have another war. Romans have become our friends. I'm sorry"

"Come with me Annabeth, we can have a life together. We'll move to Alaska, marry, have kids, grow up together like we always planned to"

"What?! Come with you? And leave camp? How can I Percy? I'm the official architect of Olympus! You are so selfish. Just because you have to leave, you want me to come with you! I don't believe this!"

"What! selfish!? What are you even saying Annabeth! I willingly jumped into Tartarus for you! I saved your life so many times putting my own in danger! Where was my selfishness then, huh? I'm disgusted you think of me like this after all we've been through, Annabeth Chase. I'm done here. With you, with this wretched camp, with being a demigod, everything. Goodbye, and I hope we never cross paths again. " and with that I left...with my heart in a million pieces and brain still unable to comprehend what passed, vowing never to return to this hellhole I considered my home, where after all I did for them I was kicked out, tossed out like used tissue.

(A/N: Please review, constructive criticism is much appreciated.)