11. The One With The Meeting

Ch. 11. The One With The Meeting

PERCY'S POV

"Sir, Commander Stormbringer. It's time for dinner. " I was thinking about camp before all things started going down the drain, the happy times. I was so engrossed that Gregory's sudden loud voice made me jump a foot in the air.

"Holy Chaos Greg! You just have to call me not the entire camp! Take it down a notch man! And wait, I'll be there in 2. Get the boys together, we'll march outside in perfect formation rather than go like we are one of them. "

"Uhh... I would gladly do that sir, but I wouldn't be so sure your purpose would be served..."

By this time I was already outside my room and facing a nervous looking Greg.

"Care to explain what you meant? "

"Umm... it's actually that Sgt. Elmont was hungry so he..ah..decided to meet us at the dining table directly..."

"WHAT! WHY DOES THIS GUY ALWAYS WANT TO SPOIL MY PLANS! DAMM... well, okay... let's go out normally, I'll do that marching thing sometime later. Come. Let's have some food."

The dining area was at least 20 times bigger than when I... left. It was huge, but otherwise the same, like some sort of enlarging spell or something. Hmm. Impressive work Zeus. The entire Army that came could sit here comfortably at the same time. The dinner went by quickly, and I could guess from the way the campers were watching us how eager they were for the meeting. During the dinner, I was very careful not to think of any blue food or blue drink. Yes, I still love blue food. None of my childhood memories, especially those associated with my mom has been lost in my new life.

After dinner, Chiron began with a few announcements.

"Dear Campers, you all know we are at war, and you all knew how slim our chances of victory were...that is of course until we found new allies, or rather they found us. I officially welcome Commander Stormbringer of the army of Lord Chaos, Creator of this Universe, and his army. Give them a huge round of applause as a thank you. " And applause rang the air. Every camper had gratitude in their eyes, and I realized that Chaos wasn't over exaggerating, they needed us, and they needed us desperately. Just how much do they know about the enemy that they are so scared? Another question I need to be answered during the meeting. When the applause stopped, Chiron continued

"There is also another important announcement. Today's meeting is going to be held here itself in front of the whole camp. This is because we realize that every camper needs to be present for this meeting and put forth personal opinions for working out flawless strategies."

That wasn't something that ever happened here. This is strange. The Gods never care what happens to their children, they just push them to bear the brunt of the attack and then make them thank and sacrifice for them. But this? It's almost like they care. They are actually involving everyone. This visit is getting more and more interesting, to say the least.

Chiron banged his hoof loudly on the floor twice to get everyone's attention. Oh. Apparently, the announcements haven't finished.

"The Olympians and a few minor Gods are going to be present for this meeting as well. So I request you to be at your best behaviour." Again a lot of murmurings and whispers amongst the campers. While my army seemed unfazed, it was because they had no idea how things worked here, so it was all new.

Elmont, though, was as surprised as me. Being in the army for as long as he's been, he did a bang-up job hiding his expressions, but I could read his emotions displayed in his eyes. The campers seemed very gleeful that their parents were coming.