An aching heart. [3]

*Simon's P.O.V*
As Josh leant down to me. Our lips brushed. The recognisable shiver whizzed down my spine as the butterflies raced throughout my tummy. I reached my hand up. Caressing Josh's soft, yet bearded face.
We were only milimeters apart.
We were only miloseconds from connecting lips.

Suddenly, a loud band echoed through the room. As Ethan and Harry crashed into the living room yelling 'surprise'.

I shot up. Instantly jumping off of Josh as Ethan and Harry' s faces dropped. There jaws almost grazing the ground through shock. I turned to gaze at Josh. A deep crimson blush had rosen to his once pale cheeks as he did nothing but stare embarrased at the  floor.

I coughed awkwardly.

Followed by Harry also clearing his throat. I looked at him. He smiled at me, trying to make the situation some what normal. However, i couldn't help but notice a glassy texture over his eyes. As if he was close to tears. I brushed it off, coming to the conclusion that i had imagined it through my own embarrasment and guilt.

I couldn't take this anymore.
I took off.
I shoved past Ethan and Harry, slipping my shoes on and heading straight out of the door. I was unaware where i was going. No real plan in mind. I just needed to get out. To breathe. To think.
Well, they were my excuses anyway.
Truly and honestly, i was just running away from my feelings and their consequences.

----------------------------------------------------------
Please let me know what you think of my story guys! Leave a comment with any ideas or advice, all critisism is welcome! Please also vote if you enjoyed this chapter and would like me to continue writing! Thankyou! -Maisie⚽🎮