Secrets or lies [8]

*Ethan's P.O.V*

Hesitantly i followed Josh up the stairs to his room. Regret filling my mind as I realized the secret i was about to expose to Josh. How would Simon react if he knew? Infact..how will Josh react? I was unsure whether to make something up on the spot or let simons biggest secret escape my plump lips.

As we reached Josh's bedroom, he sat down and patted the space next to him, eagerly gesturing for me to take a seat beside him. How was he managing to be so calm about this? Especially considering id just tried to hit him. But then again..he doesnt know whats going on and therefore doesnt understand nor as he got anything to get angry about.

"I love Simon" i breathed out emotionlessly, just wanting to get this whole thing over and done with. A confused expression rose upon Josh's face as he questioned my seuality.

"You're gay?" he asked intrigued.

"Yes. Ive known for a while now. I also know that im completely in love with Simon. He makes my heart race and he's the core of my laugh and...and i love him. There's no denying it. He's my everything. "

I rambled on for a further 20 minutes as Josh simply took every word in. Listening carefully and establishing what i was saying in his brain.

He nodded. Showing signs that he understood. "Okay, so i understand that you're gay and you love Simon. I totally approve that. Your sexuality doesnt make me think of you any different Ethan. Whether you love boys. Whether you love girl. Ill always still love you bro. Im here for you and will support you through whatever. Ill be here Behz. Through thick and thin. Through the highs and the lows. The ups and the downs." he expressed lovingly in a soothing tone towards me.

"Have you considered telling him?" he further requested.

I sighed. Suddenly remembering the whole reason i was doing this.

"Yes. Actually, i have told him. Just now, when i went out. I found him, poured my heart out to him. Told him everything I just told you. I gave him my heart right there and then..." I explained.

"Mhm?.." Josh urges me to continue.

"..and he crushed it." i whispered. My voice broke as a single tear rolled down my face.

Josh engulfed me in a hug, rubbing his hand firmly on my back in circle motions muttering that everything would be okay. After several minutes of this he pulled back furrowing his brows in confusion.

"I just dont understand..." he confessed, "Why was your anger towards me?" he questioned further.

I looked down before slowly gazing my eyes back up to meet Josh's confused ones.

"I was jealous Josh" i huffed out.
"Because Simon doesn't want me...

Simon wants you."