It's for the best.[12]

*Josh's P.O.V*

I ran upstairs away from Simon. I couldn't listen to his explanation. I couldn't break Behz. I walked into my room, closing the door behind me and completely broke down. Everything was going wrong. I slid down my door defeatedly,' it was for the best' i reassured myself. I got up and wiped the tears from my eyes and headed to my desk. I should record something, take my mind off things. Take my mind off of everything. Simon's feelings, Ethan's feeling's and...my feelings.

I sat down in my chair content with my decision until my skype made a beeping noise indicating i had a new message. Simon. Or as the skype username i had saved suggested..i had a message from '(NotSoMini😉)Minter'. I laughed at the name. Me and Simon set it as that after we had finished recording a random game. I missed those times. The days when we'd just laugh and have fun together. Not a single care in the world and not a single feeling but best-friendship between us.

Reluctantly, i clicked on the notification to acknowledge it. The blue skype logo engulfed my screen as Simon's message was enlarged. My eyes slowly flickered over the message. Picking apart the words although the sentence was awfully simple.

'I'm sorry. I dont know why, but I am. X'

My heart sunk at his apologeticness. All along i'd lead him on because I wanted him. I wanted Minizerk...and now, after he finally mastered the courage to make a move, i've turned him away.

I read over the sentence again and again, a metaphorical stab to the heart each time I saw the kiss placed at the end of his sorrowfulness. I enhaled deeply, my eyes fluttering closed as i contemplated my choices. Simon. Ethan.
You see, i feel as if Simon will understand, if i explain myself, give his answers, reason with him. Where as Ethan is way too hot-headed. Fuck, he nearly hit me today. He's the kind of person you don't wanna mess with their feelings. He's so weak yet so prone to vicious outburts. His reactions would be unpredictable. So, thats how i made my decision. I'd protect Ethan.

I minimized the skype tab without replying to Simon. It was for the best. He could was strong. He'd be reasonable with his response and actions. ....wouldn't he?

_____________________________________
Sorry about the lack of updates guys; exams are stupid😂 Anyway, if you liked this chapter and wish for me to continue writing the story please vote and comment, it'd be muchly appreciated! StayUnique💪 ~Maisie⚽❤