A mall kiss

After driving for a while, I'm about to reach New Jersey, but then Natasha calls me and tells me they're in a mall nearby. They're trying to escape STRIKE and they want me to help them. And then of course with the rest of the mission. An (ex)friend of Steve, Brock Rumlow, is the leader of STRIKE.

I still can't get the thought of Nick being dead, just like with Phil. I can't imagine what's going to happen with SHIELD after the death of the director. I'm clear positive that Phil would've become the new director if he still lived.

I arrive at the mall they're in and I get out of the car. I don't take the suit with me, so people don't get scared or get over to me to talk about Tony and Iron Man and so on. I make the suit invisible so no one sees it.

I then lock the car and walk towards the entrance. I put on a pair of sunglasses and my hoodie so fans won't recognise me. It wouldn't matter if STRIKE or SHIELD sees me because they think I'm after Captain America as well, because I'm with SHIELD.

Before I get inside the mall, I get a call from Natasha. I pick it up before getting inside. ''Hey.'' I say.

''Emma, where are you?'' I hear Natasha ask me worried.

I frown. ''I'm inside the mall right now.''

''You need you get us now, the STRIKE agents are in here.'' she tells me. Oh dear.

''How many?'' I ask her.

''6.'' she says.

''Where?''

''We don't know. But, you know how they look like, so just look after then and make sure they don't see you.'' she tells me.

I nod. ''All right, I'll be careful. Where are you?''

''Second floor.'' she says.

''Copy that, I'll come to you. See you soon.'' I hang up and look after them.

So there's 6 STRIKE agents after them. Luckily they don't know that I'm not this mission, since I only talked to Nat about this. So if they see me, they just think that I'm perhaps shopping. But I'll keep my distant anyway, because Brock knows that I'm close to Steve.

On the way to here, Nat told me that they've just finished finding the location of the place where we can unlock the USB, so they just need to get out now. My job is to get them out, because I can make them invisible. I look around the mall and I can't seem to find them. I suddenly see two men I recongnise as agents so I cover myself with my sunglasses and pretend to look at the stores.

I look for them for about 10 minutes, before I see them stand on the escalator on their way down. I see them look at each other and then they suddenly kiss. I frown at them, wondering why they kiss. I don't see any of the agents near us.

For some reason it hurts a bit to see them kiss. First because I haven't seen it coming, especially from Nat. And then the thought of Steve's moved on. But I shouldn't be sad about this, because I have a boyfriend that I love with all my heart. But it's because I don't know where I stand... until now.

They pull away and walk down the escalator. I remain at my spot till they see me. I stand about 12 feet from them. I take off my sunglasses. Steve stands with his back to me, while Nat has her face towards me. She sees me and she wides her eyes in shock. She slaps Steve slightly on his back, signing him to turn around. He turns and locks eyes with me.

Both of them become speechless, when they see me. I would love to run away and go back to the tower to be with Tony, but I know this is about the person who killed Nick, so I stay because of him, because I know he wanted me to finish this mission.

Steve and Nat start to walk towards me, so I walk towards the toilets so nobody suspects anything. I go into the girls toilet to wait a bit. I hear footsteps coming in, and I'm almost sure that it's Natasha.

''Emma, it's not what you think.'' she says to me. I ignore her. Unfortunately I have to get out eventually.

I decide to walk out, without looking at Nat. I get out of the girls bathroom and see Steve waiting for us. He looks apologetic at me. I ignore him as well. I got nothing to say to him. He's moved on from me, so I don't see a reason to talk about it.

Suddenly he'd made, what I thought was the hardest choice on the planet, to the easiest choice on the planet. I definitely now know who I choose. And unfortunately he's not here right with me right now, but in New York where I could be right now if it wasn't for Nick.