Day 15

Day 15

Not Edited

___

"Hey. How are you?"

How was I? I couldn't sleep all last night and when I did all I saw was his face.

What did I do to deserve this? For it to happen all over again?

I smile weakly at the anticipating brown eyes inspecting me, "I'm fine."

Julian rolls his eyes "Sure you are. You look terrible."

I snort and place my head in my arms, "Nice to know."

He chuckles and sits down beside me, "Are we putting the plan in motion?" My neck snaps up and my eyes look into his incredulously, "Are you serious?"

"Uh yeah."

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Because it's a completely ridiculous idea!" I glance at the clock which shows there are 10 more minutes until the first bell rings for first period (where Julian and I currently reside).

"No it's not."

"Playing bingo with the elderly sounds like a better idea." I moan as he plops down beside me.

"You are too dramatic for your own good."

I flip him the bird. There was no way I can deal with this stupid plan of his with the little amount of sleep I got last night. My mind was beyond the point of comprehending.

"Just give it a try."

"Why are you so for this? From the looks of it, you hate Kale as much as North Korea hates us."

For a second I think I see panic in his eyes, but I dismiss the thought. I mean why in the world would he be panicking?

Lee shoots me a wry smile, "Your analogies are horrible."

"So is your face."

"And I'd believe that if it were true." Dear lord, he was just as cocky as Kale. "Come on just give it a try!"

I scan his face to see... well I didn't know what I was hoping to see. I just wanted to know why he wanted to do this so badly.

"You still haven't answered my question." He sighs and looks away, "Just... because."

"Julian. You want us to fake date and try to make Kale jealous so that he will ask me to be his girlfriend," I grit out. "Why in the world do you want to do that if you hate Kale?"

"I don't hate him!" He exclaims. I must have looked taken aback because he adds, "I felt jealous that you got to spend all that time with him due to the project," I start to say something but he cuts me off, "But now I've realized that you two are... perfect together."

I scoff, "Perfect my ass."

He sighs again, "Look just give it a chance."

I stare at him, not knowing what to do. Did I like Kale? 

Yes. That much I knew. I wanted him to talk to me and for us to be normal. I wanted to go one day without fighting and feeling bad. Is that too much to ask? The two minute bell rings and kids start coming, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look at Julian, "Ok."

 "This is going to be great!" He says and heads out the door for his first period class. I bury my head once again in my arms.

I hope he was right.

________________

"Rory!" Lanie jumps on me and we both fall to the ground.

"Lanie," I choke out, "Get your fat ass off of me!"