7. Anything That Starts With An X

"So..." Break concluded, once the situation was explained to him "This girl is a wizard, this one is a contractor and this one's a demon?"

"Yep!" Bella approved.

"I'M NOT A CONTRACTOR!" Anna-Beth exclaimed "ZALIA ISN'T ANY OF THESE STUBBORN CHAINS AND I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL!" Jake simply hit her head on the table.

"Did you just call chains stubborn?" Alice hissed "I'll have you know I'm not stubborn at all!"

"Transgressors keep quiet," Gil snapped.

"She hasn't had a trial yet," Jake pointed out "So she's still innocent because she hasn't been proven guilty."

"What are you?" Alice demanded "A lawyer?"

"No really, Princess?" Jake mocked.

"So," Break moved on "You're looking for wish tokens, eh? What happens when you find them?"

"I guess we are transported to another dimension," Anna-Beth explained "It's kinda confusing but I figure The Queen of Kardz wouldn't lie to us."

"Did you just say Kardz?" Alice's head shot up as she stared at Anna-Beth, wide eyed.

"Yea," Bella backed up "Why?" Suddenly, Alice blacked out.

"WHAT'D I SAY?" Bella exclaimed, the three visitors jumping to her said, worried.

"Don't be alarmed," Break assured "That name triggered one of her memories. Tell us what you know about Kardz."

"It was a kingdom," Jake took over "The Queen's personal servant, Spade, was the one who found us. While he was getting the Queen, a girl named Diamond was telling us about Kardz. She told us a story."

"How did the story go?" Oz wondered.

"I'll take this one, Jake," Anna-Beth offered "I'm good with historical events."

------