Prologue

*THIS STORY CONTAINS SWEARING AND VIOLENCE (SOME SCENES).  YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.*

"Break down, I can see you're upset. 

So high, but I couldn't help it. 

I wish, I could just forget you. 

Up now, heart beats racing. 

One touch, now I'm faking. 

Weakest time, there's not escaping you. 

Where's my angel? Go on and take my life. 

Where's my angel? I need someone here tonight."

Prologue

BALTHAZAR

               You couldn't help but watch them as they descended to Earth.  It happened every month but it was still a beautiful sight, especially if you've lived for several centuries.  A beautiful sight for something so wicked and deceiving.

               I stood with Saria and Marcus at the edge of a cliff.  Our meeting place.  We always watched the angels descend, often because we were waiting for them to step onto our territory or attack one of us.  If they did, they were dead.

               Something about tonight felt off.  The light that the angels descended down felt brighter and I felt connected to it.  How odd...

               “What's on the agenda for tonight?”  Marcus asked.  I ripped my eyes away from the light and turned to them.

               “Some of Dimitri's cronies are in town.  They're out for the angels again.”  I told them with a sigh.  As much as I'd love to slay a couple of angels, we weren't allowed.  Only if they trespassed but they never did.  It was the same for them, they couldn't kill us unless we were on their territory but no man's land was fair game to all.

               Most of the time, angels landed on their land but tonight they hadn't.  We could always tell.  Dimitri's cronies were always trying to get their hands on some angel blood.  I scoffed at their attempts.  Trying to follow some prophecy?  It was ridiculous.  How could angel's blood revive dead people?  It wasn't possible.  The only way for sure was to sell your soul to the devil and even then they wouldn't be the same.

               “Again?  I gotta give it to 'em.”  Saria's croaky voice chuckled.  She got out a cigarette and lit up.  “You reckon they'll go for this lot then?”

               “Probably.”  I looked over and saw the light fading.  They'd landed, or were finishing up landing.

               “I don't see why we have to go and stop 'em.  Let 'em get those bitches.”  Saria loathed the angels.  She'd never really explained why; at first I'd thought it was because she wanted to be one but with the amount of sin she'd committed... it made me think twice.

               “It would start a war.  You know that.”  I stressed to Saria.  A war was not what we wanted.  Not what most of us demons wanted, as much as we hated the angels.  It wouldn't do any good.

Fallen From Grace | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara