Chapter Six - "Dead and Gone"

Time to think, before I make mistakes just for my family's sake.
That part of me left yesterday.
The heart of me is strong today.
No regrets I'm blessed to say,
The old me dead and gone away.

Oh,
I've been travellin' on this road too long.
Just try'na find my way back home,
The old me is dead and gone, dead and gone.
Oh oh.

Chapter Six - "Dead and Gone"

IMMI

               I'm not going to lie.  It was awkward sitting with Caroline, who was furious at me.  I'll admit that it wasn't the smartest move for me to storm out but I couldn't just sit in the house.  I was going out of my mind!

               I would have been comfortable if it was just Emily.  She at least seemed to genuinely care about me.  Caroline, on the other hand, was only helping me because she owed me.  Gee, like that made me feel so cared for!

               No-one wanted to break the awkward silence.  I would've turned on the large, flat, shiny black box except... I wasn't sure how to turn it on, well, if it did turn on!  I'd never seen anything like it and no-one had really shown me how to work it.  It seemed like Caroline, Emily or Harmony didn't know how to work it either.  I'd never seen it turn on.  Gustav had a lot of things like these around the house.  I would need to ask him how to use these things.  Harmony wouldn't be letting me out anything soon.  Especially if she knew what happened when I ran into those... those thugs.

               I had felt so disgusted when that rat touched me.  Licked my cheek.  Thank God Balt had been there to save me.  I don't know what they would've done if he hadn't intervened.  I dread to think what Harmony would say if she found out.  I really do.

               “Alright, girls, it seems we have a problem.”  Our heads simultaneously turned to see Gustav and Harmony in the doorway, looking stern.  They did not look happy.  Not at all.

               No-one elaborated further and we all sat there silently, watching Harmony and Gustav.  Waiting for their reaction.  Neither looked pleased at us when they stood in front of us all.

               “This negative aura around here really doesn't do well for me.  That's one of our little problems.”  I rose my eyebrows at that.  Negative aura?  Who could even tell what auras people had?  Never mind that I could see colours radiating from people and some sort of string attached to Balt... I'm sure that was just my mind playing tricks.  Maybe it's something to do with amnesia?  I mean, I've been getting a few more flash backs but I wasn't sure.

               “Gustav, Harmony... I'm sorry for running off.”  I started to apologise.  I knew I shouldn't have ran off and it definitely wasn't the smartest move.  Especially after that scraggly hobo licked my cheek.  Eugh!

               “Yes, well, there's nothing you can do at the moment.  Next time, at least tell someone you're leaving.  Did it not occur to you to tell someone like Marissa?  Marissa was the one who told us!  She saw you running out the house!”  Harmony scolded me like a mother would scold her child.  I dropped my head, I could feel the disappointment seeping into her words.