Chapter Twelve - "Going Under"

"Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies.

So I don't know what's real and what's not. 

Always confusing the thoughts in my head.

So I can't trust myself anymore."

Chapter Twelve - "Going Under"

IMMI

               Sitting in Gustav's “car” - that was what this big metallic box was called – I started to feel giddy.  There was a chance I could get my memory back!  Although, we were waiting for Gustav to come back.  He'd said he needed to get some appropriate footwear.  I had no idea where we were going.

               He'd told Marcus and Balt where we were going, and we were supposed to meet them there.  Apparently, we needed Saria to come.  I was quite scared, she didn't seem to like any of us.

               Hearing the car door open, I turned to see Gustav struggling to hold some bags.  Frowning, I asked him:

               “What are they for?”  He chucked them at Harmony, who mumbled angrily at him.

               “Those are for you guys to use.  Where we're going, you won't be able to wear heels.”  I felt the car vibrate and grumble before roaring.  Jumping, I found I wasn't the only one who was weirded out by this.  Emily didn't look comfortable.  “Buckle up!”

               Buckle up?  What did he mean by that?  I heard Caroline growl slightly before grabbing something next to me.

               “This is a seatbelt, dummy.  He means for you to put it on.”

               “Caroline.”  Harmony warned.  Caroline huffed before turning back to the window.  Looking to Emily, I saw that she had some black material crossing over her chest.  I think that was what Caroline meant by a “seatbelt”.

               “Em...”  I started to whisper.  She turned to me with a raised eyebrow as if to say “I'm listening”.  “Do you know where we're going?”

               Shaking her head, she said,  “No, but I'm pretty sure we'll be safe.  I mean, Gustav wouldn't do anything irrational...”

               No-one spoke during the car ride.  I was left to my thoughts.  The car was weird, my stomach made funny turns whenever Gustav went over a bump.  It looked quite complicated to drive too!  Gustav kept having to use the two sticks in the middle of him and Harmony, and use the wheel in front of him.

               We whizzed past trees and lots of green fields.  The skies were grey and I could see droplets of water pouring out of it.  I had the sudden urge to dance in this fallen water.  I noticed that Gustav pulled up into a place where there were other cars parked.  I had a hunch this was called a “car park” - there were cars parked everywhere!

               The car became lifeless when Gustav took something out of it.  I was intrigued!  It was like... magic!

               “All right, everyone out.”  He told us, swinging open his door.  “Oh, and Harmony, pass over some of those bags?”  I watched as Harmony passed over some bags and waited for either Caroline or Emily to leave the car.  I couldn't really get out otherwise.

               As soon as Emily moved out of the car, I clicked a button to let my seatbelt go and sidled out after her.

               Standing on the ground, I felt a little unstable.  I saw that I was standing on... branches?  There were leaves and twigs surrounding the floor, not like when we were by the house.  Stepping over to Gustav, I wobbled and almost lost my footing.  How did Gustav expect us to walk around here in heels?!