Chapter Seven - "Little Lies"

So I'll settle for one day to believe in you.
Tell me, tell me, tell me lies.

Tell me lies,
Tell me sweet little lies.
(Tell me lies, tell me, tell me lies)
Oh, no, no you can't disguise.
(You can't disguise, no you can't disguise).

Chapter Seven - “Little Lies”

IMMI

               My search definitely didn't start well.  For one, I only had an idea for what a library was.  A place with books or places where you could find information?  I only knew what it was from my dream.  Two?  I didn't even know where it was.  Gustav's house was too large and it was early in the morning.  I couldn't exactly wake him up and ask him, now could I?

               Luckily, I'd figured out my way (roughly) around the house.  Being locked up didn't help my mentality, but it did help me figure a few things out.  I was pretty nimble and my footing was amazing – not my words, Marissa's.  She'd shown me a few paths round the house and was surprised that she couldn't hear me behind her.  Apparently she had the best hearing in the house.

               I didn't realise how quiet my footsteps were until she'd told me.  After that, I listened to others footsteps.  Emily's were quiet – almost like mine but not quite.  Harmony and Caroline... they weren't as quiet.  It was odd, knowing that I was one-upping them... I felt slightly proud.  Something told me I should be.

               Sighing, I wished I'd worn a dressing gown or something over my attire.  It wasn't suitable.  I'd rushed out because of the dream... it had freaked me out.  It was one of the only ones I could remember clearly.  Two young girls, each looked like Emily and myself.  Most of me was saying that it had happened, that it was real but I couldn't believe it.  No-one had wings.  No-one.  I mean Harmony didn't have wings and she did in the dream, so how could it be real?  How could it?

               Grabbing the cold handle of a door, I quietly pushed it down whilst pressing the door forward, trying to determined whether it would creak or not.  Satisfied that it wouldn't, I swung the door open even further.  The room was pitch-black and I had no idea whether this was the library or not.

               A golden glint in the corner of my eye made me turn.  It mesmerised me.  Slowly I crept over to where I thought I saw the glint.

               I managed to safely make my way to a little table, with a bed next to it.  On the table, along with the golden glint, was a small lamp.  Not taking my eyes off the glinting jewel, I grabbed the chain hanging down from the lamp.  Bright light shot out from the bulb and illuminated the room.

               The object that was giving off the golden glint, was a golden rock.  Picking it up, I fingered the rough edges.  It captivated me.  The way it glinted, the way it felt so precious... I couldn't help myself.  It felt as if my world around me was dropping away, that it was no longer there.  All I could focus on was this golden light in front of me.  I felt as if this was my life. This one piece of golden light...