Chapter Nineteen - "Ready To Go (Get Me Out of My Mind)"

“You're such a pretty thing, 

To be running from anyone.

A vision with nowhere to go."

Chapter Nineteen - “Ready To Go (Get Me Out of My Mind)”

IMMI

               Sitting down in front of everyone, I was nervous.  It had been three days since I last saw any of them.  Excluding Em and Balt, of course.

               I had no idea what to say, or what even to do.  It felt a little awkward, sat here.  It was silent and the only thing I could hear were the breaths of everyone.  No-one spoke and I kept my eyes at the dusty floor.  When I walked in, I noticed it was the same as when we came in – bare and empty.  Nothing new had been added and nothing had been moved.

               “Immi, how are you feeling?”  Someone asked me.  Looking up, I saw it was the blue-haired girl.  I still didn't know what her name was.

               “Uh... I'm alright... I guess.”  I shrugged.  “Um, I still don't know your name?”

               “Bernadette.”  She smiled.  The corners of my lips tugged up slightly, but it wasn't a large smile.  I was still wary of her – she'd held something to my throat and it had burned. 

               “We can't stay here any longer.”  I looked up to see that Balt was speaking.  He seemed to be concentrated on getting a message through.  I didn't understand why we couldn't stay here.  It seemed safe enough, right?  I still didn't know what we were supposed to be running from either.  Everyone seemed worried for my safety... except me.  They all knew what the danger was but I didn't.  That made me feel like I was left in the dark.

               “And where do you propose we go?  Gustav's house isn't safe, apparently.”  Harmony asked, thankfully not avoiding the topic simply because I was here.  I noticed that Gustav was glaring at Bernadette.  It didn't seem like a friendly glare either.  To me, it looked like a foreign emotion Gustav was giving out.  It felt wrong.  Gustav was someone that I imagined to be giving out happy emotions, ones that weren't meant for hurting.

               “There's gotta be some other place to go.  Somewhere they won't expect.”  Balt said.  I could see he was trying to think of a place.  I remembered when Caroline attempted to teach me, she said something about lands?  About separate places?  Districts?

               I didn't know if it was a good idea or not, but I thought I should input my idea.  I mean, they were doing this because of me.

               “How about you find a place in the... angel places?”  I suggested.  Everyone's heads sharply turned to me.  There were a mixture of feelings on their faces.  Some looked surprised, some looked shocked and one was just a scowl.  Suddenly, I wasn't so sure of my idea any more.

               “You mean angel territory?”  Em asked.  Territory!  That was the word.  I wasn't sure where it was but I do remember Caroline emphasising on the point that I should stay on angel territory or by Gustav's house.

               “Are you a fucking idiot?”  Saria barked harshly.  “I knew you had amnesia, but didn't dear ickle Caroline teach you that demons can't go on angel territory?”

               “Shut it, whore.”  Caroline snarled at Saria.  Harmony turned to her with disbelief and disgust on her face.

               “Caroline!”  Harmony hissed.  Caroline ignored her and narrowed her eyes at Saria, ready to snarl other nasty words at her.