Chapter Twenty Six - "Deathclub"

We're in the deathclub,

All free to sin away.

Take your own life,

Silent, damned and strange.

Take away the fear and I'll follow,

Take me half alive.

I'm not running scared,

Tomorrow, oh I'll survive.

Chapter Twenty Six - “Deathclub”

BALT

                    Walking in the building, in scrubs, was not how I pictured this.  Walking down a slightly busy corridor in some light blue scrubs, holding some papers.  I had no idea what they said, but they were for decoration... apparently.  I had some poor random sod's scrubs on as we'd knocked out three people and taken their uniforms.  One doctor and two... two nurses?  I had no idea.  All I knew (and cared about) was the fact that they had what we needed.

                    “How close are we?”  I mumbled into the earpiece.  Everything was going according to plan so far.  But I knew it wouldn't last for long.  It was going too perfectly, and I didn't believe that the staff were clueless.  Someone amongst them had to be a demon, or someone working for the demons.

                    “Keep going.  Check in the lifts, see if you can get to the basement or ground floor.  You're clear for now.  Can't see nobody coming at'cha.”  I heard Henry's scratchy voice through the earpiece.  "Just be careful.  Shax is a sneaky bastard.  There's a reason he ain't been caught yet."

                    “Gotcha.”  I replied.  Hopefully Henry was keeping a close eye on the cameras–I didn't fancy getting ambushed.  That was the last thing we needed.

                    “Any idea where the lift is?”  I asked, looking like I was talking to Emily and not her and Gustav.  To anyone unsuspecting, it would look like we were having a casual conversation while following a doctor.  We knew better though.  By having Gustav up front, he could sense if we were getting closer, or if we were near where they were holding Immi.  He was sure that they'd have a healer near her and so was I.  They wanted her in pristine condition.

                    “We need to turn left in a few moments.  Why?”  Emily asked me.

                    “Basement.”  Was all I said.  I was trying to be discreet–even if it seemed only humans were up here, I couldn't be too sure if someone was tracking us for them.  We demons were sneaky and I knew Shax wouldn't leave his hospital unattended.  He was planning something, I could feel it in my bones.

                    In reply to me, Emily just nodded.  I knew that Gustav had heard us, so I didn't have any problem worrying about him.  If he didn't follow us, it was his problem.  I wasn't going to waste any time.

                    Turning, we found a lift.  Beside me, Emily was shaking terribly.  I felt sorry for her, she had been dragged into a mess that she shouldn't have been involved in.  She didn't belong here–I could tell that she was going to be corrupted if she stayed here any longer.

                    “You don't have to do this.”  I told her.  Apart from Immi, I really liked Emily.  She had never judged us demons, not once.  And if she had, she hadn't shouted it out loud.  I wanted to at least give her the opportunity to back out without being judged.