Chapter Twenty Five - "Laura Palmer"

"If you had your gun would you shoot it at the sky, why?
To see where it would fall, will you come down at all?
If you had your gun would you shoot it at the sky, why?
To see where your bullet would fall, will you come down at all?

This is your heart.
Can you feel it? Can you feel it?
Pumps through your veins.
Can you feel it? Can you feel it?
"

Chapter Twenty Five - “Laura Palmer”

BALT

                “You're absolutely positive this is the right place?”  I asked Henry as I pointed to one of the circled areas on the map.  Using the information Henry had gathered for us, and Bernadette's knowledge on Ipos' men, we'd circled several places which we were sure that Immi could have been hidden in.  They were spread out far and wide, however they were all in a similar pattern: circling the angels' landing pad.  They almost surrounded where the angels had been landing for several centuries.

                We'd planned out (roughly) how we were going to save her.  Harmony had wanted to save any other angels who had been kidnapped but we told her there was no point.  If we were caught, what use would it be to us?  They'd have even more blood, the more that they could use, the more successful the resurrections would be.  Marcus, Bernadette and I had decided to not tell Harmony about the resurrections being successful.  Of course, the more powerful the person (and the more alive you wanted them) the more angel blood was needed.  So far, it had been tested on pretty low status demons and animals.  They'd tried a few humans, plucking them from Hell before sending them back.  They needed an estimate on how much blood to use.

                “Yerp.  Traced it directly to there.  Is this for the mission?  Can we come too?”  He sounded extremely excited.  I had no idea why.  It wasn't like it was going to be a pleasant job...

                “Why?”

                “Well, we helped, di'n't we?  Shouldn't we get to go too?”  He tried to reason with me.  “An', we've got the blueprints to each of those buildings... I think.  We could help you get in there.  There's a reason why I-I mean we-haven't been uh... exorcised yet.”

                I just rose my eyebrows at him, still thinking about it.  It would be nice for the extra help purely because we couldn't let Emily, Caroline or Harmony in there at the beginning.  They'd notice an angel in their building and he had no idea what the angels would do if they realised just how much trouble Immi was in.

                “Fine.”  I shrugged.  “But you have to sign a blood deal.”

                I expected Henry's face to pale, and I smirked when it did.  A blood deal was a serious thing amongst demons.  It was more serious than the deal between us and the angels, theirs was a contract which was sent to The Court.  A blood deal was only done amongst demons, and was monitored by Lilith, the first demon to have ever been created.  You broke a blood deal, you were sent to Hell and hung up with humans who were bound to Hell to be tortured for eternity.  No demon wanted that.

                “W-w-what?”  He stammered.  The rest of his friends looked bewildered and slightly scared.